This route is located in the Southern Region at The Dark Side
|The Return of Darth Moll|
The Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve
The Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve (PMRP) is a 750-acre region owned and maintained by the Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition. The PMRP contains over 400 sport and traditional rock climbers from 5.6 to 5.14c with potential for hundreds more. This is the largest direct land acquisition ever made by climbers and permanently secures access to a significant amount of climbing in the Red.
The Red River Gorge Climbers' Coaltion is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to ensuring quality climbing opportunities for the recreating public by promosing responsible climbing. The historic PMRP purchase represents the RRGCC's dedication to ensure quality climbing opportunities on public and private land. The purchase and operation of the PMRP is made possible solely through private donations and volunteer efforts. Current yearly expenses included the property payment, legal fees, and maintenance are close to $30,000. All donations made in support of the RRGCC and the PMRP are tax deductible. Volunteer contributions in the form of trail work or pro-bono professional services are also welcome. Please visit rrgcc.org for more information.
Rules of the PMRPBefore climbing at the PMRP you must sign a liability waiver. These are available at kiosks or on the RRGCC website. Other rules and guidelines for the Preserve are as follows:
- Please climb responsible and follow Leave No Trace practices.
- All dogs must be leashed or under control of their owners.
- Stay off tagged projects and do not touch or use any project ropes, draws, or other gear.
- Stay on established trails and do not mark or damage tress or other vegetation. Approval by the RRGCC is required prior to the establishment of any new crags or trails.
- No hunting, trapping, digging for archaeological artifacts, or operation of motorized vehicles off established roads is permitted.
- No open fires are permitted due to the oil extraction activity in the area and the enormous threat of forest fire in a region of numerous oil wells would pose.
- Overnight camping (no long-term camping) is permitted as long as it is not in a climbing area, along a trail, or near any oil equipment. Please remove all refuse and bury human waste.
The Death Star 5.14b (Sport) **
First Ascent: Adam Taylor in 2012
Bolts: 9 (report bad bolts/anchors)
Please select a grade