Search found 668 matches
1. Short drive for questionable conditions. 2. I didn't have to stand in line for the rainy-day trad lines that some of my "crew" has deemed themselves worthy to take on. 3. There is a wide selection of climbing, and mostly gumbies show up there, so naturally I didn't have to wait in line for anythi...
- Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 am
- Forum: Opinions, Suggestions, Problems....
- Topic: What makes it classic?
- Replies: 37
- Views: 13812
If it were the first to break a grade barrier then I would say that qualifies as an "instant classic" in the area regardless how good the climbing is. I suppose it has to stand the test of a little time for grade confirmation, but otherwise, instant classic. For the rest of the soon-to-be classics, ...
Strange... I was there yesterday and left around 5:00pm or so. I didn't see any spray-painters, but there were about 16 people at the 5.12 wall. As we were leaving there was another couple just pulling in from Co. They didn't look like the spray painting type, and we forewarned them about the Milita...
- Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 am
- Forum: Front Page
- Topic: Johnny & Alex Trail Day 2012
- Replies: 26
- Views: 182656
I prefer my sheets dirty.dustonian wrote:Good idea, Bill. Mine is available, Brenty. We'll even throw in clean sheets for your romantic getaway...captain static wrote:Get a cabin rental for her birthday. Then she won't be able to say no.Brentucky wrote:I will do my best to convince my g/f that is how she should spend her bday.
- Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 am
- Forum: Sport
- Topic: Weather Help 7/13-7/15: Lower skill level climber
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2257
Since you have Bruisbrothers dogeared then you may as well head over to Sunnyside which is off the same trail. There is a 5.9 (Kokopeli's Dream) and also a 5.7/8 that isn't in the book that shares the start with Machete (very good 5.10b), but it goes up left at some bolt to lower anchors.
growing low on points are we? what other possible reason could there be to go to dog infested hard pack bases flip flop humanoids hammock swinging instant classics spray so thick last week felt like a snowstorm is that a tampon or a turd under that climb aluminum versus stainless fixed mank why is ...
- Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:16 am
- Forum: Hooking Up
- Topic: Mostly weekends sport trad or boulder
- Replies: 20
- Views: 3947
My wife and I just moved to Lexington about a month ago and I'm looking for partners, too. I'm 28, probably available most weekends. We've made a couple of trips to hike around the Red just to check it out and it is definitely as advertised. Did my undergrad at UT and spent most of my climbing time...
I can usually do any 11 a b c or d in Muir. Any 10 a b c d outside of Muir. I did do one 12.b at Muir though. But is was Etch a scetch. First off, Edge-a-sketch is not rated 12b. Secondly, the 14 feet above it should not be either. Yeah there are some easy 12a's in Muir (Beef Stick, Immaculate Dece...
Yep, get the Clear Creek Canyon and/or Boulder Canyon guidebooks. Tons of easy to find, good stuff. Also, based on my experience of two, Nederland is a cool little town with some amazing restaurants at a good price.
- Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm
- Forum: Sport
- Topic: What is your least favorite sport crag?
- Replies: 82
- Views: 24243
Jordan, I agree with you, Chica Bonita is a PILE! I didn't like it and I'll hopefully never go back... Sorry, Phil, you are over-ruled on this one, buddy! (And I like vert/slabby climbing...) Speaking of good slab climbs, go climb on Snapper at the Lode, SO GOOD! Wait, huh? Slab at the Lode, what??...
- Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:58 am
- Forum: Climbing Community
- Topic: Deciphering route comments
- Replies: 16
- Views: 2679
This also just made me think... it would be kinda cool to be able to sort routes by "User Comments." I would love to see all the routes I have soiled with my gumby comment juice.
- Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:53 am
- Forum: Classifieds
- Topic: Wanted: Used Pair of 5.5 (36.5) Size Ladies Climbing Shoes
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1380
Uh-oh, I think that means a new crusher is arriving to town. I hope that still leaves me a fishing seat some sunny day.