Common sense forum guidelines

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.

Postby rjackson » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:24 pm

Uhhh..., maybe I should consider keeping my Gumby status?

Actually, it shouldn't be too hard. Look under just about any rock or in any closet, we all got skeletons...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
rjackson
Full of (sh)It

Postby ynot » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 pm

I sugest ,instead of freaky friday(too much trouble for Ray) we all change our tag lines to lines from some commercial. could be interesting.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Postby Huggybone » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:23 pm

The problem with expecting people to have common sense it that it assumes that people have a common experience from which to apply their reasoning.

But they don't.

That's common sense, if you ask me.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."
Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Postby rjackson » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:28 am

But don't they? Thus it's called "common" sense? (As opposed to individual sense, or small group sense, or climber's sense.)

There's also common courtesy; except perhaps for those raised by wolves.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
rjackson
Full of (sh)It

Postby Lander » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:12 am

I once heard a quote that I love (because I agree with it), "common sense is not that common". Can't find it looking up famous quotes. Here's another perspective from Albert Einstein "Common sense is the collection of predjudices acquired by age eighteen".
"Doin' right aint got no end." - CRLT
Lander
OC - Original Crust

Postby Pru » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:56 pm

THERE WILL BE NO PEDOPHILIA TOLERATED ON THIS FORUM EVER
Pru

Postby woodchuck008 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Soo, is this the place where HOPEFULLY somebody of web authority checks for offenses on this site? I'm a decent fun person trying to learn more about the Red and hoped this would be the place to do it. I joined up right after Ben's death, having met him last year, and I'm grateful to those who were informative and helpful here at the RRG climbers site.
BUT what I've learned here last week is that some people are capable of entering into my posts and altering them in about ALL the above listed offenses of derogatory and sexual content. Please fix this, and hopefully remove those posts entirely AND kick the wipes off the site who are responsible. Guarantee they won't actually do so well if they choose to face me in person and slander me with such intensity. Fix up the access problems please. Nobody has access at this end to my computer, so it's within the site management.
woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Postby ynp1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Ha ha ha
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
ynp1
still a dumbass

Postby woodchuck008 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:45 pm

geez, ynp1 it's all that funny to you eh? And I see your screen name seems to show up alot where I respond, discuss or comment. I take it you have no respect for personal rights. Can I safely assume you have responsibility or knowledge somehow for reentering me as a duplicate screen name of vvoodchuck? Changing my entries? I'm guessing you and similar friends have very little credibility on site. Hate to see a good thing ruined by a few. Did you people ever consider messin' with the Capt.s entries too? Or anyone for that matter? Do you have any respect for anyone actually?
I have no respect for those who abuse this informative website.
woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Postby ynp1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:42 pm

no dude, sorry i have nothing to do with it. i really am crying on the inside for you though...

the vvoodchuck thing is really funning. i wish i could have came up with that. being able to change your post can only be done by a moderator or owner of the site. they do it occationaly just for fun and i am sure mean no harm in it. i have nothing to do with it.

my post show up a lot where you respond??? how cant they? you respond to everything. informative site? you post all sorts of shit on here when you have know information on it or are making some stupid joke. you are no better then anybody else on here.

just take it as a joke and move on. you have to have thick skin to hang on this site... for better or for worst.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
ynp1
still a dumbass

Postby pigsteak » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:57 pm

I hate ynp, but he is right. sack up vvoodchuck, I mean woodchuck....when "they" get under your skin, you've lost, and we only pile on...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter

Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Postby woodchuck008 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:34 pm

I did get the idea that only site adminsitrators can make those unhealthy changes, insults or deletions. Sad to know anyone can be a victim to their crude humor. My 'posts' as you say, are responses, comments, light hearted jokes never written as insults. I don't generate discussion topics, don't post photos, don't care to list what I've done as a contest, and I don't trash someone. I don't make up stories or events,( as some have accused me of doing) I don't need to show a summit or tic' list of climbs to feel important.
Friendly discussion and cynical humor is one thing; but slanderous statements, onsite identity theft, deception, false statements written under my screen name and the sexual insults and references is not acceptable. I thought this behavior and shit attitude was left behind on lame RC.com web years ago. Apparently not. Guess I'll stick to direct contact with known respectable climbers I've met at the Red instead of a discussion board run by a select few with their limited experience, lack of personal respect, and inability to follow the site rules.
woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Postby charlie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 pm

woodchuck008 wrote:..... I thought this behavior and shit attitude was left behind on lame RC.com web years ago. ....

And therein lies the solution...... just hang out at rockclimbing.com. That site and those users may be a better fit.
charlie
BANNED

Postby woodchuck008 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:53 pm

.." ..a better fit for those who have no class, and no respect that is. They belong back on RC.com instead of here.

Hey, my Va Jay-Jay is itching - would you scratch it for me?

I've done some pretty fucked up shit and really am not worthy of being part of this community. Sad to know.
woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Postby charlie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Actually my suggestion was more along the lines of that's the kind of site where users might value your contributions.
charlie
BANNED

PreviousNext

Return to Opinions, Suggestions, Problems....