The ongoing weekend idiot report

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
elcapitan1974
Gumby
Gumby

Post by elcapitan1974 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 pm

bcombs wrote:A traddie is the person standing behind the main character in each of these idiot reports rooting them on so he/she can top rope the ultra hard AWOL.
Wow, your the man, lots of moderate sport, but how many times did you hang on the MIghty Eidson?
stoned monkey

Barnacle Ben
Poser
Poser

Post by Barnacle Ben » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:37 pm

This thread works on so many levels.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 pm

elcapitan1974 wrote:
pigsteak wrote:
SCIN wrote: So are you saying that I'm a littering yuppie fag because I climb sport? What is a traddie anyway?
I've seen your wardrobe...you ain't no yuppie.
No, I'm saying you guys want to bash trad climbers, but it seems to me their not the problem. The problem is the young yuppie gym rats that have no respect for others and are playing around waiting for mommy and daddy to clean up after them. The trad crags seem to get less traffic which leads to less trash. All the trash talking about trad climbers is filling up this joint. As I remember, you and your buddy where strong avacates of trad climbing, what happened? Did the ego of putting out rap cds and a guide book get to your heads. Most people I climb with, loved your book and we enjoy it do to the fact it caters to traddies, for the most part. ( 1st edition). So when I get on here, main for the online guide, it pisses me off to here the trad guro's are sell outs! Bolting cracks , thats really going to bring the trash to the "trad crags"! Most backwoods people use NO TRACE ethics, so preach to your young yuppie disciples and maybe your sporting experience will be more priestine!
What the hell are you talking about with ego and my guidebook buddy? You don't even know me. I don't have an ego because I compiled a book of facts. That's bullshit. You shouldn't say that.

I'm also not a trad basher. I do get tired of some trad climbers with the holier than thou attitude and it's especially irritating because I used to have that same attitude so I know how it feels. I felt like because I ducked into the woods and played with cams on obscure cracks that I was somehow better than the "sheep" standing in line at the crowded crags. Well, sorry to say but most of those "sheep" are waaaay more driven and dedicated to this sport than I was at the time.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Shamis
bottom feeder

Post by Shamis » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 pm

elcapitan1974 wrote:No, I'm saying you guys want to bash trad climbers, but it seems to me their not the problem. The problem is the young yuppie gym rats that have no respect for others and are playing around waiting for mommy and daddy to clean up after them. The trad crags seem to get less traffic which leads to less trash. All the trash talking about trad climbers is filling up this joint. As I remember, you and your buddy where strong avacates of trad climbing, what happened? Did the ego of putting out rap cds and a guide book get to your heads. Most people I climb with, loved your book and we enjoy it do to the fact it caters to traddies, for the most part. ( 1st edition). So when I get on here, main for the online guide, it pisses me off to here the trad guro's are sell outs! Bolting cracks , thats really going to bring the trash to the "trad crags"! Most backwoods people use NO TRACE ethics, so preach to your young yuppie disciples and maybe your sporting experience will be more priestine!
I see you're new to this internet thing.

Crankmas
Fred Garvin, male prostitute

Post by Crankmas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:06 pm

people trashing people is one thing but let us pleez leave AWOL out of the fray

charlie
BANNED

Post by charlie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:20 pm

So much judgment around here......

Thankfully I don't climb any more, I'd be ashamed to be associated with anyone other than Crank.

bcombs
Generic Jerry

Post by bcombs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:26 pm

elcapitan1974 wrote:
bcombs wrote:A traddie is the person standing behind the main character in each of these idiot reports rooting them on so he/she can top rope the ultra hard AWOL.
Wow, your the man, lots of moderate sport, but how many times did you hang on the MIghty Eidson?
Oh man, yawn... :lol: Cmon dude, don't get your panties all bunched up. It's hard to climb OW when your clothes are all lumpy.

I'm pretty sure I never said I was the man. I'm also pretty sure my statement is accurate. Visit any popular gumby wall this Saturday and count how many out of shape has been clowns you see. Spraying about back in the day this, before the trash that, when bold was bold.

I have tons of respect for hard trad climbers. I wouldn't dare lump them in with the "traddies". That's because they call themselves climbers not traddies and enjoy sport as much as the rest of us.

rjackson
Full of (sh)It

Post by rjackson » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:53 pm

bcombs wrote:...That's because they call themselves climbers not traddies and enjoy sport as much as the rest of us.
word.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:03 pm

rjackson wrote:
bcombs wrote:...That's because they call themselves climbers not traddies and enjoy sport as much as the rest of us.
word.
I can vouch for this seedy rjackson fellow...he's the real deal..sucks at both sport and trad. welcome to my world.

come on, we all know elcap does it for the chicks.....
Last edited by pigsteak on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:05 pm

el cap, you've been punk'd.....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

ahab
Star Trek Kid

Post by ahab » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:13 pm

christ. it lasted a week, then just when i thought we had a decent, entertaining thread that would be around a while...this shit again. back to the idiots please.
buy the Ticket take the Ride

rjackson
Full of (sh)It

Post by rjackson » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 pm

pigsteak wrote:...welcome to my world.

Seems like a nice place; let me get my sweater...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad

pkananen
Poser
Poser

Post by pkananen » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:59 pm

ahab wrote:just when i thought we had a decent, entertaining thread that would be around a while...this shit again. back to the idiots please.
sooo...what do you call this diversion from idiocy??

ScrmnPeeler
Poser
Poser

Post by ScrmnPeeler » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:05 pm

(Warning- this did not happen this weekend).

Long ago, I got to the backside of Pistol Ridge at about 8 a.m. to find the three sport routes with ropes on them, no draws, just ropes through the chains. I pulled the first one down and did my thing. Same with the second, and the third.

The owner shows up about 10:30 wondering why his ropes were down and seemed to think that by leaving them up that he had reserved the area indefinitely. He said he wanted to finish a second pot of coffee in camp and was pissed that we couldn't just climb somewhere else until he was ready to finish.

These are short 5.7s, and 5.8s and he looked at me like I had tossed 5 pitches of fixed line off of Denali.

Hey, I coiled his ropes and left them on a log out of the dirt. What a douche.
So, you're a feminist...isn't that cute.

toad857
Loser
Loser

Post by toad857 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:50 pm

ScrmnPeeler wrote:(Warning- this did not happen this weekend).

Long ago, I got to the backside of Pistol Ridge at about 8 a.m. to find the three sport routes with ropes on them, no draws, just ropes through the chains. I pulled the first one down and did my thing. Same with the second, and the third.

The owner shows up about 10:30 wondering why his ropes were down and seemed to think that by leaving them up that he had reserved the area indefinitely. He said he wanted to finish a second pot of coffee in camp and was pissed that we couldn't just climb somewhere else until he was ready to finish.

These are short 5.7s, and 5.8s and he looked at me like I had tossed 5 pitches of fixed line off of Denali.

Hey, I coiled his ropes and left them on a log out of the dirt. What a douche.
good call. toproping through the chains is a no no.