road to motherlode

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
tbwilsonky
Chuck

Post by tbwilsonky » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:14 pm

pigsteak wrote:
slaps wrote:anyone that can help facilitate this? PRMP is too sweet to let go downhill...literally
"anyone" and "someone" always seem to be projecting. "nobody" tries to help, but all his brahs are busy drinking....sorry, looks like you're it.
/bump for lulz.
haunted.

captain static
Hippifried

Post by captain static » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:21 am

Moving this discussion back to the proper thread. The arrangement we had worked out with Charmane was for maintaining Bald Rock Rd. on the PMRP not the Lode Hill. In any case, Lee Co. provided a grader, Charmane an equipment operator, us the gravel. The new oil company, Triad, is not interested in continuing this arrangement. If there is anyone in the climbing community who is qualified to operate a motor grader and would volunteer their time then we might be able to talk to Lee County and get something going again.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh

pawilkes
Sandy's Whipping Boy

Post by pawilkes » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 am

slightly off topic but is there anything we can do about the low head damns that have appeared in the water logged (ie creek) section of Bald Rock Road. from what i've heard and seen, it appears the oil company's stacked metal tubes over their pipelines that cross the creek bed to protect them. the result is a less passable road and pooling of water behind what are essentially load head damns.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.

RRO
Fluffy

Post by RRO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 am

if anyone can go out and work the road then there is a kubota at the house and i have done a thing or two with back country gravel roads :)

we will talk this weekend bill.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress

the lurkist
In Crust We Trust

Post by the lurkist » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 am

wood Hippie is an Artist with a back hoe. I bet he could help out the Lode Hill. I will ask him.
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:54 am

pawilkes..I drove that section of road three weeks ago, and it appears those low tube dams are no longer in place. they were laying in the grass, so unless they put them back in, I am assuming they were taking them out.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 am

*edited for lack of content*
Last edited by Clevis Hitch on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:56 am

Good suggestion Clevis
Living the dream

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter

Post by pigsteak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:05 am

whuts his name?

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am

Vanilla Ice, aka Robert Van Winkle
Living the dream

Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.

Post by Jeff » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:11 pm

It's always funny to me when it's said that climbers bring so much money into Lee Co.
Sure there is some coming in, but not much. Most I can think of would be Koops for food, drinks, tobbacco, and maybe gas. Not many actualy venture into Beattyville with $ to spend.
The majority of money is spent at Miguels, Shell, Chevron, Subway, Ziggies Awesome Mountain Wieners, the Beer Store, and if here for a while, a trip or two to Stanton.

Don't get me wrong, climbers spend money while at the Red, but there are just not many opportunities in Lee Co.

Hey, if it works with elected officials though, then great.

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:25 pm

*edited for lack of content*
Last edited by Clevis Hitch on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter

Post by pigsteak » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm

beer trailer?

captain static
Hippifried

Post by captain static » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Mark Jackson and I met with Vanilla Ice Executive a few years back when we worked out the deal for us and Charmane to pitch in on the road maintenance. I think another meeting with Vanilla Ice Executive would be better than deluging him with calls. As far as climbers doing business in Lee Co., Lago Linda's plays into the equation. I'm sure some of her patrons are venturing into Beattyville.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I always get the chicken sandwich and fries at that funny little "deli" on the left on the way to Lago....