ABS Comp at Rockquest in Cincinnati

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
dhuff
Gumby
Gumby

ABS Comp at Rockquest in Cincinnati

Post by dhuff » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm

Here's a bit of info:

-Competition takes place on 31 October, 2009
-Registration at 9 am, climbing begins at 10
-$25 for ABS members, $30 for non-members
-Beginner, intermediate & advanced divisions for guys and gals, plus kids divisions
-Sweet prizes, free tee-shirt
-Costume contest after climbing

Call RockQuest at (513) 733 0123 for more details.

twan
Gumby
Gumby

Post by twan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:24 am

Is this a TR comp or is there lead as well?
..OH I like how that feels..

Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:30 pm

ABS= American Bouldering Series.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

bcombs
Generic Jerry

Post by bcombs » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes, but the comp is at RockQuest where the bouldering is crappy / non-existent.

twan
Gumby
Gumby

Post by twan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:58 pm

exactly....

Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:52 pm

Oh well in that case it would make sense that ABS would sponsor a rope comp. Dumbass.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

twan
Gumby
Gumby

Post by twan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 am

Wow. I'm sorry did you say something?

Rotarypwr345704

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:03 am

Nope. But I did type something. It's that post right above yours. Did you think I said something? How exactly would you know if I did? I was unaware that you were in tune with the sound of my voice. Because I'm sure we've met right?

And what exactly does your question mean anyway? Did you say something? Let's say hypothetically I did. What would happen then? I mean we're on the internet. Would you go on to try to bash me in someway because you've never met me, so I know anything you would say would have a mute point. And all because I called you a dumbass for thinking that they might have ropes at a bouldering comp? I'm sure your next excuse would be that you were being sarcastic. Well, can't say that I've ever heard that before.
Anyway.

Feel free to answer those questions in any order at your earliest convenience and I will be happy to not give a shit about any of your responses. Thanks and have a great day!

twan
Gumby
Gumby

Post by twan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:01 am

Damn dude. I'm sorry I brought out the bi-polar in you. They have medicine for that.

I didn't know what ABS stood for. Sorry my question had that effect on you. Wont happen again.

Shamis
bottom feeder

Post by Shamis » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 am

dbags

dhuff
Gumby
Gumby

Post by dhuff » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 am

No toprope or lead. But just because the walls aren't too good for bouldering doesn't mean I (and a few other fine route setters) can't still set some kick-ass problems. I think it'd be worth it to come check it out.

twan
Gumby
Gumby

Post by twan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm

I heard they were going to take the boulder section under the stairs out and rebuild another wall more for bouldering. True or false?
..OH I like how that feels..

toad857
Loser
Loser

Post by toad857 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 pm

twan wrote:I heard they were going to take the boulder section under the stairs out and rebuild another wall more for bouldering. True or false?
doesn't matter. it would be at least ten years before that got done, anyhow. :)

512OW
Master of My Own Reality

Post by 512OW » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Rotarypwr345704 wrote:Nope. But I did type something. It's that post right above yours. Did you think I said something? How exactly would you know if I did? I was unaware that you were in tune with the sound of my voice. Because I'm sure we've met right?

And what exactly does your question mean anyway? Did you say something? Let's say hypothetically I did. What would happen then? I mean we're on the internet. Would you go on to try to bash me in someway because you've never met me, so I know anything you would say would have a mute point. And all because I called you a dumbass for thinking that they might have ropes at a bouldering comp? I'm sure your next excuse would be that you were being sarcastic. Well, can't say that I've ever heard that before.
Anyway.

Feel free to answer those questions in any order at your earliest convenience and I will be happy to not give a shit about any of your responses. Thanks and have a great day!
They often have bouldering at the rope comps (yes, SCS), and I've seen more than one toprope at ABS comps, so why not?

By the way, the correct term is "moot point"... Not "mute point".

Next time, if you decide to be an absolute douchebag idiot, at least treat the role with respect and do it intelligently.

Thanks and have a great day!
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
-Tyler Durden

www.odubmusic.com

Barnacle Ben
Poser
Poser

Post by Barnacle Ben » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am

It's actually 'moo point.' It's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't matter.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham