Sport lines in wilderness areas

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
clif
Loser
Loser

Post by clif » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:37 pm

the schedule is a big issue for me. the 24 degree limit for curing the glue can be ignored for the most part i'd think, but i get the sense that this is going to happen in the next few weeks, or are people thinking early spring?

Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.

Post by Jeff » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Everything has to be acquired first, money, gear, contacts to potential sponsors for possible donations. It is all being handled. Bill is talking with the FS to make sure everything is ok.
I see it hopefully coming together this month, and it may take a while to complete. No telling what the weather will do, etc. It's possible things will stretch into early spring.

Bill mentioned a special use permit for more than 10 people but I think a group of 8 on any weekend would be sufficient over a period of time.

heacocis
Gumby
Gumby

Post by heacocis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:45 pm

Another thing about the glue-ins is that, assuming you are going to use the Hilti 500-Re glue, you need to have the Hilti dispenser. It retails for about $75. No, you cannot use a standard caulk gun. I will willingly let you all use mine, but I live up in Indy so we would need to work out how I would get it to you all. Also, I have a corporate account with Hilti, so I probably can get the glue at lower price than retail. PM me if you want to look into this.
Wave Bolt- the best climbing bolt available! www.wavebolt.com

"...I'm over all that macho stuff, and if I bolt a route, it will be done properly." - Colin Goodey

powen01
Poser
Poser

Post by powen01 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:15 am

Jeff wrote:I think it is easier to replace a couple of quicklinks/chain than having to replace an entire glue-in anchor when it finaly wears.

Thanks for your fs contact.
Just curious, but how would you replace a glue in anchor when the time finally comes?

bcombs
Generic Jerry

Post by bcombs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:20 am

With any luck, the jackasses would be using a quicklink to lower from the anchor (or chain, etc...) and so it won't need to be replaced.

If it does, it will be time to drill a new hole.

hamsco
Brokeback Hammon

Post by hamsco » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Krampus, add "Sparky goes crack climbing" to the list for a set (2) of anchors.

Jeff...How about the link to the Paypal (I might have missed it ) Or PM me with address for snail mail.

Thanks
No creeds, manuals, or special translations

Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.

Post by Jeff » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Thanks Scott
pm coming.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 pm

I've got 2 somewhere. You're welcome to use them and I would get out there for a bit too if schedule permits. Send a PM.