gate at solar collector/darkside entrance

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Post Reply
charlie
BANNED
Posts: 3234
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: The Comfort of Strangers

Post by charlie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 am

Clevis Hitch wrote:..... BTW, Meadows, you didn't answer the question. Neither have you J.R.. I think that maybe you can't answer..
I'll step in here, not because I want to air dirty laundry but because you keep prodding.

Deliberately destroying gates and then removing hinges to rally truck around the property repeatedly while we were ENGAGED IN A FREAKIN LAWSUIT with the oil company ring a bell? That made us look really good in court, let me tell you.

As a recent example how about in the last month when guy tried speak about opening parking at top of hill for benefit of climbers and you jump down his throat from the get go?

Put simply, you're a liability for climbers in the Gorge and always have been. Sorry if you don't see it.

And yeah, we have 2 years payments in the bank right now. Have been ahead for some time and will more than likely pay things off early.

I know mostly you do this to get a rise out of everyone but at least put a little effort into getting your facts straight.

powen01
Poser
Poser
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:12 am
Location: Louisville, KY
Contact:

Post by powen01 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 am

charlie wrote:
Clevis Hitch wrote:..... BTW, Meadows, you didn't answer the question. Neither have you J.R.. I think that maybe you can't answer..
I'll step in here, not because I want to air dirty laundry but because you keep prodding.

Deliberately destroying gates and then removing hinges to rally truck around the property repeatedly while we were ENGAGED IN A FREAKIN LAWSUIT with the oil company ring a bell? That made us look really good in court, let me tell you.

As a recent example how about in the last month when guy tried speak about opening parking at top of hill for benefit of climbers and you jump down his throat from the get go?

Put simply, you're a liability for climbers in the Gorge and always have been. Sorry if you don't see it.

And yeah, we have 2 years payments in the bank right now. Have been ahead for some time and will more than likely pay things off early.

I know mostly you do this to get a rise out of everyone but at least put a little effort into getting your facts straight.
You forgot to say "Check fucking mate!" at the end of your post. It's de rigeur.

User avatar
Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Clevis Hitch » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 pm

dustonian wrote:Oh I get it now--we're all wrong and you're right! It's so simple...

These threads all seem to end the same way--you have a meltdown, get your feelings hurt, and everyone feels simultaneously annoyed by and sorry for you. For lack of a better truism, if you look at yourself every once in a while instead of constantly blaming others for your problems you might learn something.

The point is we have an amazing group of volunteers here doing a lot of hard work for free on our behalf to keep crags open. A lot of other parts of the country aren't so lucky, and a lot of amazing climbing areas are now closed. The least you can do is keep your negativity and constant whining about the RRGCC to yourself until you have something useful to say. But so far, you haven't shown that you have this ability to anyone.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Is that some sort of line that your mommy used on you to get you to be a good boy? BLaming who for what problems? I don't even know what to call that shit? What is that like rhetoric or something..? All I've ever said is that the gate is bullshit.. It's heavy-handed and it brings negativity into the conversation.

I mean really, try a little harder next time. Don't just copy rote from your familys' christmas cards....
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

User avatar
Toad
Gash Baiter
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 pm

Post by Toad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Image
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.

User avatar
Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.
Posts: 1461
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Clevis Hitch » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:27 pm

charlie wrote:
Clevis Hitch wrote:..... BTW, Meadows, you didn't answer the question. Neither have you J.R.. I think that maybe you can't answer..
I'll step in here, not because I want to air dirty laundry but because you keep prodding.

Deliberately destroying gates and then removing hinges to rally truck around the property repeatedly while we were ENGAGED IN A FREAKIN LAWSUIT with the oil company ring a bell? That made us look really good in court, let me tell you.

As a recent example how about in the last month when guy tried speak about opening parking at top of hill for benefit of climbers and you jump down his throat from the get go?

Put simply, you're a liability for climbers in the Gorge and always have been. Sorry if you don't see it.

And yeah, we have 2 years payments in the bank right now. Have been ahead for some time and will more than likely pay things off early.

I know mostly you do this to get a rise out of everyone but at least put a little effort into getting your facts straight.


Dirty laundry? I never destroyed any gate. I never shit on any oil well I never did any of the shit thats been rumored that I did. Perception/reality...remember that. The things that you think I did, I never did. If my name was brought up in court it was definately a stretch. I think I got blamed for cutting off a post at the gate to the solar collector. I never did it. The people who were saying I did it said that I was the only one who had a chainsaw. I never could pin down who exactly was saying I did it, I think it was SSS and crew. If I'm not mistaken I also got blamed for the fire at Solar Collector and three murders in the Southern Region.

Now I did outrun Gary King towing in the Southern Region. You remember that don't you? The oil company was having peoples cars towed from a designated parking lot and at first it was friendly.$35. Then once gary figured out that these foriegners had outside money and that he could get away with it. $300. Gary came up to me and wanted me to drive to the bottom of the hill so he could hook up his truck to me and tow me away. $300 my ass. So I outran them, of course I made them wait around for about an hour while we finished climbing. They took a left and I took a right. We spent the better part of three hours trying to shake those guys!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....We have two years of payments in the bank right now.......Like I asked earlier. Why the heavy handed tactics of threatening closure then.. You can say anything you want.. Erection of the gate is a threat. So lets get this all on the list.
(1) CC erects gate.
(2) All the regulars line up to say "Thats awesome!"
(3) I disagree, Its coercive and heavyhanded
(4) I am attacked
(5) I am attacked
(6) I am attacked, blah, blah, blah...
(7) Then I'm blamed
(8) Then I'm blamed again
(9) Then I'm ridiculed
(10) The I'm blamed again...on and on

But understand this. You guys don't get more input because nobody wants to go through this shit just to ask a question or to disagree with whats going on. The Climbers Coalition was formed as a users group, to speak as one voice for climbers. But it doesn't. What it requires is blind allegience. If you disagree then you get blasted with eight pages of subtrafuge. Just dodging the question all the while berreting the questioner to make him stop.

As far as philz and what happened there. I tried to advise the guy not to sink any money into developing something on top of bald rock because I know something else is getting ready to happen that will put him out of business. I felt I was becoming negative so I erased all my posts. Nobody made me do it.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

toad857
Loser
Loser
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by toad857 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

There is a fine line between playing devil's advocate on RRC.com and effectively (if unintentionally) being an enemy to the climbing community.

One side is helpful, the other is corrosive.

Image

User avatar
Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.
Posts: 2859
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:40 pm
Location: Hangin

Post by Jeff » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Image

User avatar
ahab
Star Trek Kid
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:36 pm
Location: up above it

Post by ahab » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Image
buy the Ticket take the Ride

TradMike
BAM!
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:57 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Contact:

Post by TradMike » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:09 pm

He said erection... he he

User avatar
bcombs
Generic Jerry
Posts: 2048
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:20 pm
Location: Cincy

Post by bcombs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Andrew wrote:you should tell that story brad.
:D

This was probably 3 or 4 years ago (maybe longer). I had only attended 1 or two trail days and I didn't really know anyone in the Coalition or really anybody outside of my primary climbing partner.

We decided to attend a trail day out at Solar Collector. I had never been there and I don't think my partner had either. So of course, we were fashionably late because we drove past the smiley tank and down towards Sore Heel.

So we find the lot and are heading up the trail. Up ahead is a dude in jeans and no shirt swinging an axe like it was his job. He was facing away from us. I don't remember anyone else being around. As we get closer I notice that the entire ass of his pants is ripped out. As we get even closer, I realize he has no underwear on (that I could tell). All of a sudden without skipping a beat, the dude flips 180 degrees and yells:

Quit looking at my fuckin' balls!

Now, where I'm from, if a sweaty shirtless dude, with an axe, in the woods asks you to stop looking at his balls, you do it. After about 15 or so seconds of really, really awkward silence someone else walked up and asked if we were there for the trail day.

I wonder if Clevis even remembers this day? :lol:

Rags
Great Exalted Guesser
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:08 pm

Post by Rags » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 pm

put a gate up--see if it works.

If it works, Great.
If it doesn't work at least you tried something new.

8 pages of malicious crap? really?

TradMike
BAM!
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:57 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Contact:

Post by TradMike » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Toad wrote:Image
you can stop beating it now, I said stop. Nobody ever listens.

TradMike
BAM!
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:57 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Contact:

Post by TradMike » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I think the gate is a great idea. This would be a monumental achievement and a gate signifies the risk of losing it better than anything else. I think the banter just signifies the gravity of the situation and how passionate most are about the situation. I’ll drop in some money if a box exists. I think others would as well. I wouldn’t let much accumulate though.

User avatar
Toad
Gash Baiter
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 pm

Post by Toad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I think the guy is now trying to pull-start the horse. Must be flooded.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.

Barnacle Ben
Poser
Poser
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:23 am
Location: Denver, CO

Post by Barnacle Ben » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:08 am

Clevis Hitch wrote:Do you have to resort to heavy-handed tactics of threatening closure?...So we all agree that the gate can be directly interpreted as a veiled threat of imminent closure...My concern here is that the CC has delved into the negative with the gate. Negative conotations,coercion. Everything but an outright threat...
Then:
Clevis Hitch wrote:Wow dimwitted asswipe...I'll donate $50 to the RRGCC if you call me that to my face...$50 buck....All you gotta do is step up to the plate....Do I hear anybody else willing to kick this to see it happening...? I won't be easy like your mommy was. I'll be hard, real hard. Its gonna hurt too. Not like that emo shit you pulled in high school. I mean real pain.
***
Clevis Hitch wrote:fags
Then:
Clevis Hitch wrote:I havent resorted to name calling
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham

Post Reply