gate at solar collector/darkside entrance

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:43 pm

dustonian, by taking the gate down would show that they made a mistake... which would be the first time from this group of people. I will give $50 if they take the gate down... any other takers on that??? (this is my fund raiser attempt)

Toad, i am just commenting on charlie's post about him asking, dirtbag climbers at the shop to professional weekend warriors and people like Tackett. if he got 0% negative response then his POLL was shit! And MAYBE clevis has a point...

I agree that time may be the answer. i will start with my fund raising attempt and maybe this will make it a GOOD idea to put up the gate, AND TAKE IT DOWN!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.

herbalist
Gumby
Gumby

Post by herbalist » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:45 pm

wwgd? kd that is funny! is she still banned?

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:16 pm

dude, G.. got banned? I thought I was the only one on here who ever got banned? Well, me and my crew....those were the days.

YNP1 Do you remember that day riding down the parkway and that mini-van? HA! :mrgreen:
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 pm

ynp..may I suggest you give me the $50, and I will rebolt any route you wish. better way to spend the money?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

RRO
Fluffy

Post by RRO » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:20 am

I wish this thread would die and me posting is not helping but I am...

The gate is not even the issue anymore. Its a trial program, only time will tell and everyone expected some negatives to come from it. Believe or or not there were even negatives and objections talked about at the OPEN meetings but still looked at as something that could bring more positive than negative. All that has been said over and over.

See if this help ya Joe, Matt and others with issues on the gate. Look at it like a door man at a strip club. You really hate to pay that guy but some pretty cool stuff is inside, by the time you get in there you forget about how you entered the place. Lets see what it does and talk about it again in a few months. This is not helping anyone and is wasting a lot of peoples time on both sides. Points have been made and ideas to ponder, so for now give up on the gate talk for now guys. Its pretty out folks, GO CLIMB.

Talking about about Joes and Matt hurt feelings should end as well . No offense dudes and you all know I have nothing personal against you..... but you have brought a level of defensiveness on yourselves. I could look up on the board by your old names and see the arguing just to be arguing and trying to prove your "right" and the same exact statements being made. All along that time the offer for your participation and comments have been encouraged but has yet to be taken advantage of by you. So just the same as you are overly sensitive and defensive by comments from the RRGCC they have earned the right to be the same with you.

Anyone else , especially those hundreds if nto thousands of people that have vol to help at trail days, attended Rocktoberfest/JATD/RRR/UCilmb or any other event the RRGCC puts on knows it is a very open group and will listen to everyone at anytime. It encourages open discusions, participation and leadership.

This thread should no longer be used to talk about if the RRGCC should be the bolt fairy, give everyone a high five when they enter the property, feed their dog and carry their gear to the crag or be everything that everyone wants all at once. Its a tough gig folks and if you cant see the steps being made and the battles won then you are not paying attention. All those things and others as they appear will be and should be discussed. Just not in this thread or an confrontational environment.

To say that the RRGCC is still exclusionary or whatever just seems absurd to me. I wish I knew the total amount of different people that have vol at an event or spent time helping the RRGCC in anyway over the last few years. I bet its in the thousands. You dont get that kind of support shutting people out. If a few people are feeling shut out they may be bringing that on themselves. Just try to get involved and try to bring good instead of negative and I bet you will see it differently.

If you truly have issues you want dealt with, concerns about the RRGCC and truly want to help out then lets get a few folks together for beers and talk about it.

But if you just continue to type your drunk rants on the Internet as you have for years, not getting involved even with invitation then you are trying to be malicious and destructive to many good peoples hard work. If thats what your after that is pretty fucking lame and needs to stop.

So lets let it rest folks. The points have been made, ideas are out there, let time tell.

For me and the rest of the day. Im turning off the Internet and am going to Funk Rock to drill some holes. Hope you all do the same get outside and enjoy your day.
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress

Saxman
Poseur Jerry

Post by Saxman » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:58 am

Open and democratic does not mean everyone gets their way. It means all sides are listened to and the majority opinion wins. If you lost, which some people seem to feel they have, come back with your own great ideas and get them implemented. Passionate intellectual discourse can sway a room. Right now, some of you are the screaming guy at the back that gets taken out by police wasting his opportunity to participate in civil discourse.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.

Brentucky
loose flapping hemorrhoids

Post by Brentucky » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:20 am

pigsteak wrote:ynp..may I suggest you give me the $50, and I will rebolt any route you wish. better way to spend the money?
I ain't payin to take the gate down. However, I do know of a certain 11b at Global Village (Out For Justice) that could use some lovin from someone with some know-how. I'll donate the $50 or whatever it takes in addition to being a belay slave or whatever. The only thing is you gotta catch me while I try and send that rig afterward!

Any takers, pigsteak or other?
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 am

pigsteak, that may be true... i will think about it...

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:05 am

RRO, now that you relate it to the strip club i totally understand. if you would have posted that 2 weeks ago this would have died on page one! man and i would also like this post to die, that is why i quit posting for a few days, but then a bottle of whiskey gets inside of me and i just cant resist...

about my feelings getting hurt... i dont think that has every happened on here. i just try to make some good (or OKAY) points from a different angle then what most look at a problem from, THEN i just try to have fun with all the people that take it too seriously or personally. IT IS JUST FUCKING ROCK CLIMBING and sport climbing at that.

about looking at my old post, go a head you will most likely get a good laugh out of them, but i dont try to stur up as much shit for no reason like i did back then. i was just being a dick and loved causing problems on the internet. SORRY to everybody i hurt!
Last edited by ynp1 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 am

Clevis Hitch, wild titties on the parkway!!!!!!!!!

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

fuck yeah!!!
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 am

Wow, this thread is still going on? Funny man.
Bob has a gate at Torrent and it's sweet. We have a gate on our climbing gym (more of a door than a gate) and it's pretty cool too. All private property should have gates. It indicates the private nature of the property. I think the RRGCC should start charging too. That would be optimal. $5.00 entrance fee per person and the gate opens automatically just like Bob's cool gate. Gates rule.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 am

Maaan...I ain't even gonna.....

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

agreed, SCIN...or at the least you have proof you volunteered 20 hours i the past year to the RRGCC and get a free annual pass. Or you donated at least $50 to the RRGCC and you get your pass....

with that said, I will help this die down...I'm done.

and brent, I am yer man.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Did you know it's $15 PER DAY (or $90/year) to climb in the Gunks now? And then you can't even climb at Skytop, most of the Bonticou Right crags, and the majority of the crags in Minnewaska State Park legally! And they're about to lose Peters Kill too it looks like. We are super lucky to be near the Red and have the RRGCC working to keep things open for us!!