Accident at Darkside sat.

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
steep4me
Lame Wade
Lame Wade

Post by steep4me » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:39 am

It's really hard to accept this news-- I feel so bad for his family. Such a nice guy with a really bright future.
Hauling a big ego up a route adds at least a full grade.

dipsi
Hoochy Momma

Post by dipsi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 am

So sorry to hear of this. I didn't know Mike, and though I haven't been around much lately, I do feel that all climbers share one heart. My prayers are for his family in this sad time.

Namaste, Climber.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS

"the"general
Gumby
Gumby

Post by "the"general » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Very upsetting. Mike was always friendly, always asked how I was doing, always smiling. I'll always remember Mike.

lena_chita
Poser
Poser

Post by lena_chita » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Such a sad day... rest in peace, Mike.

Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Post by Huggybone » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 pm

I can't tell you how sad this makes me. Maybe, when we die, he will be waiting for us with a grin, saying "What took you all so long?!"
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

Artsay
SCIN's

Post by Artsay » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm

I feel like I have to post something in this thread...
Just to write some appropriate words that somehow express my sadness for Mike's death and sympathy for the immense amount of sorrow so many people are experiencing right now.

But nothing makes sense.
Mike shouldn't have died.
It wasn't his time.

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I know what he will say to me when I see him. He will call me out from all the poor climbing ethics I have used since the last time I talked to him. I better climb more style, effort, passion, and ethics or he will be waiting to bust my balls.
Living the dream

Steve
Emmy Winner

Post by Steve » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 am

I hated to read this news....
My thoughts are with Mike's friends, family & the entire climbing community.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.

russ
Gumby
Gumby

mike tucker

Post by russ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:36 am

like all of us, i'm terribly sad to hear the news about Mike. such a wonderful man and so good natured. not only a tragic loss for the climbing community and, of course, his family, but also for his chosen profession of law, which needs as many people of Mike's demeanor, ethics and attitude as possible.
i am still shocked and will long be saddened by his death. my sincere condolences go out to Mike's family and all his many friends.

Russ

bentley
The Man

Post by bentley » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:48 pm

I got to speak with some of the folks that were first on scene this past weekend. Mike was in the best hands possible last Saturday and in even better hands now.
Climbing is not free. Support your local climbing organization. Labor and money precious resources!

Shamis
bottom feeder

Post by Shamis » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Very sad news. My thoughts go out to the friends and family...and especially the belayer. I can't imagine dealing with that.

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:56 pm

I went to the funeral today. It was a really sad, but beautiful service. There were so many people from all different aspects of mikes life, but all had the same opinions of this wonderfully passionate man. We will miss you mike.
Living the dream

rmcfall
Gumby
Gumby

Post by rmcfall » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:24 am

This is such terrible news, bringing about such a sense of helplessness that can occur in just a moments time. Please be careful out there.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

jdrcole
Gumby
Gumby

Post by jdrcole » Mon May 17, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm Mike's grandfather. Where can I find an authoritative report on his accident?
JDRC