Ground Fall @ Drive-By

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Does DonnyP think he was at fault?

I dropped ScoBro on a ledge a few weeks bad, and he kept telling me is wasn't my fault. He said he should have been talking to me and making me aware of the potential ledge fall at around 30 feet up...nonetheless, I am also at least partly to blame, and very lucky he did not break his ankle.
I was part of the team, and I accept my part of the dumb belay.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:59 pm

The same thing's happened to me a time or two, usually on trad/aid tho. I could have been more heads up maybe, and so could my belayer I suppose...but usually it's a dangerous spot in the pitch. I climbed BB yesterday... If you blow the 2nd clip there's no avoiding the deck. That's why you shouldn't fall while clipping there! ;)

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:07 am

ad hominem
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:11 am

up it to a grand and I'll take that bet...you fucking pussy
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Steve
Emmy Winner

Post by Steve » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 am

RRO wrote:just about every sport i have been involved in over the years have involved helmets and for the most part were supported and pushed by industry leaders.
Yep! So when are gear companies, especially those who manufacture helmets, going to start using pictures of climbers wearing helmets in their ads?
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.

anticlmber
Tenderheart Bear

Post by anticlmber » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:14 am

Like me on facebook but hate me in real life

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:23 am

up it to a grand and I'll take that bet...you fucking pussy
Wow Joe,
I am impressed... didn't think you had that type of coin. But sure, you want to up to a grand, lets do it. I will be going to the New next, so won't be down this month, but lets set it up. Maybe we can turn the event into a little fund raiser for the RRGCC. BTW, thanks for the name calling. Will make it even more entertaining when me meet.

Ian

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:28 am

Does DonnyP think he was at fault?
Read his post...

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:10 am

Joe's PM he just sent me...

Title of PM "My dick is bigger than yours"

"so if I stay under the sack of concrete and catch it in my hands does that count? for a thousand dollars I'll catch a sack of concrete from 16 feet up. It may dislocate my shoulder or break my wrists but I guarantee you that sack of concrete wont be laying in a puddle of blood on the ground having a seizure.

I owe no one an apology. the ultimate fault lays at the feet of the belayer. Thats a fact. It may step on a few toes or upset some soft bitches. Just understand that climbing is fun, but it aint no game. Its serious business with serious consequences. You drop your climber and he gets hurt, you, as the belayer, own it!

BTW lick my muthafuckin balls !!! bitch!!"

So,
This is Joe's PM response he just sent me. No, Joe you can't catch the sack. First, It will be over your head and beyond your reach. Second, no belayer would ever drop the rope and dive to catch someone. Third, even if you try to tell me that is what you would do, you wouldn't be able to change the outcome of a 110 lbs person falling horizontal from 16 ft, 4 ft behind you. The best you would do is grab their legs and help turn them over more...

Sounds like you are backing out? Who is the pussy now?

Ian

anticlmber
Tenderheart Bear

Post by anticlmber » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:32 am

climb2core wrote: Second, no belayer would ever drop the rope and dive to catch someone.
Ian
i know of one for a fact that has broken a fall from roughly 30-40 ft.

rope went through the gri-gri and the belayer sprinted to get under the climber. broke their arms but saved the climber's life.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:39 am

i know of one for a fact that has broken a fall from roughly 30-40 ft.

rope went through the gri-gri and the belayer sprinted to get under the climber. broke their arms but saved the climber's life.
First, that is great, glad to hear they had the presence of mind to do that. But anti, in that case, the belayer lost control of the rope (their fault) and then tried to make the best of a bad situation. Belayers do not intentionally let go of ropes. Your argument doesn't apply to this situation...

So, I guess there is no point to putting a rope on the sack, lol. Joe, can just try to dive and catch the sack... And to think, all this time I was belaying incorrectly by holding on to a rope.

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:03 am

I climbed BB yesterday... If you blow the 2nd clip there's no avoiding the deck. That's why you shouldn't fall while clipping there!
Hey dustonian, out of curiousity, do you mind telling me where you/your belayer stood while belaying from the ground to bolt 2?

Thanks,

Ian

bcombs
Generic Jerry

Post by bcombs » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:27 am

Joe or not... haven't we covered how crappy it is to post people's PM's?

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:33 am

bcombs wrote:Joe or not... haven't we covered how crappy it is to post people's PM's?
I asked Joe to take things PM when I put out the original bet. Had he done so then, it would have remind an issue between us. He chose to make it a public affair, raise the bet to a grand and call me a fucking pussy for bonus. Joe doesn't deserve that courtesy.

Ian

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:12 am

ad hominem

Why wouldn't it count if I took the hit and caught my climber(sack o' dog food)? As a belayer who is doing their job. I would know that I couldn't get all the rope in before impact so my only choice would be to "spot". Manually catching the bag would be a catch. You see in the real world you do what it takes. Take for instance. "Manboy" was in the VRG and his climber rapped off of the end of the rope. Does manboy let dude die(read; seize in a puddle of their own blood)? Nope. He catches the dude with his hands, saving his life and breaking both his arms at the same time. Blah blah blah...et cetera. I could go on ad naseum...

You'll see fucktard. So make it a date. Set your time up and I'll be there and we'll see who's right. Then you'll pay up...

BTW it is a foul to publish someones PM's. But whatever, you won't own up to that either. You see, you are an idiot. You think everyone and everything else is to blame for your problems. You refuse to "own" anything. I fully expect you to whelch on the bet. Because you see...you refuse to take the blame for anything...