Rocktoberfest 2010!! what did u think?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
DriskellHR
choking on it

Rocktoberfest 2010!! what did u think?

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:16 am

Looking back on a very successful rocktoberfest. I have to say that i am amazed at what awsome family of climbers we have in the rrg. This years rocktobefest was the best so far, hands down IMO anyway. However have been wondering what the community thought of the event. What did you like/dislike. what events did u enjoy and which ones would you like to see next year? The RRGCC wants your feedback. So lay it on us tell us what you want! :mrgreen:
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

der uber
Buff Biff the Sausage Monkey

Re: Rocktoberfest 2010!! what did u think?

Post by der uber » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 am

I did not much care for the firing range shooting through what seemed to be an obvious path to get to the vendors and stage. Granted, the gentleman on the horn was warning oncomers. Had a great time.

woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Post by woodchuck008 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 am

People arrive ready to enjoy and to be involved right at 5PM. How can registration not be ready for 90 minutes? No entertainment early Friday night ( please start by 7PM at least, not 10:30) was pretty much a bore, and the slow slow start to all the announced events both nights with little or no lighting to even see the events like jousting. Have seen much better, more entertaining years for sure. Spencer kept it lively with his balloon downrange warnings. Feel bad for Elena on the dynojump as the rules and visible scoring seemed to be vague or missing for the women's comp.

Sarnoth
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Sarnoth » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Last year the band jammed for hours and that was the highlight for me. This year they were going to start about 1.5 hrs late, but just played one song and then left. That was very disappointing. Maybe next year we can get 23 string to play for 3 hours like they did at trail day? That would really top things off right.

caribe
Archer Jerry

Post by caribe » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:01 pm

woodchuck008 wrote: with little or no lighting .
Agreed. Let's pay more attention to the lighting in coming RRGCC events.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:05 pm

it was good if it made money. one note: the "dyno comp" (if you could call it that) was about the lamest thing I have ever seen. maybe someone should try the problems before starting the comp and at least mark clearly what the problems and points are for each... it's about the easiest kind of comp you can possibly organize. but whatever, it's a fundraiser I reckon, so...

i personally had a good time taking cash and cramming for bacteriology all night at registration.

RRO
Fluffy

Post by RRO » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:11 pm

please keep the thoughts rolling in. this is "your" event, lets make the next one the most productive yet !

one thing to keep in mind is the fact that this is a fundraiser for the pmrp. so the more skrilla we save putting on the event the more goes directly into the property and into future projects ran by the rrgcc.

its a thin line to walk as far as offering things to do at the venue and spending more than we need to. the main work load in all reality is spread out to just a few, so one of the biggest things folks can do is mark your calendar for next year and vol your time...dustonian is the first one to sign up and will be helping build the dyno wall and set problems.... :)

again, great thread and keep the ideas and feedback rolling along. and on this one thread, lets everyone play nice with each other....
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:16 pm

RRO wrote:dustonian is the first one to sign up and will be helping build the dyno wall and set problems.... :)
OK, but I've got about a 2cm vertical. Maybe if we added an under-12 handicapped girls division?

woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Post by woodchuck008 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Dyno isn't still propped up on your left hand while reaching with the right hand; no air time. Agree holds were set strange and no idea of what points were awarded for doing what, when, now many repeat times allowed, and a final with no scores read off,,,just a sudden decision on who won with no way to validate it post event to the female contestants.

maine
Poser
Poser

Post by maine » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 pm

I had a great time! It was nice to reconnect with people I hadn't seen in a while. Lighting could have been better, esp for the silent auction and the music could have been better suited to dancing. But all in all a fabulous night RRGCC!! I would love to know the figures on how many people attended and how much money was raised!

Looking forward to next years Rocktoberfest! I'll definitely be there and will be giving my time not just my money next year! :D

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I did not attend rocktoberfest. I wanted too, but tickets home from Yosemite were cheaper after the weekend... oh well the valley is not a bad place to be stuck for a few more days...

but, I did ask a lot of people about how the event went and everybody I talked to said that it sucked and I did not miss out on anything. I was shocked, because I have always enjoyed rocktoberfest (sometimes a little to much :) ).

But I still hope to make it to next years event!
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.

flip
Gumby
Gumby

Post by flip » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:02 am

I give it a C.

Cons:

Friday night is a waste. What is the draw to coming down Friday? There is nothing going on. Why not play the movies and slide show on Friday night?

Saturday night is a mess. Spread it out (see above).

Stop throwing everything into the crowd. This is a fund raiser. Sell that stuff. I know it's fun to watch people jump like a dog for a shirt but this stuff can raise you money. That the reason for the event right? Wouldn't you rather donate a couple of bucks for what you want rather that jump around like a fool only to find out you got your very own shirt that is the wrong sex and the wrong size? Mt. ranks gave out 50-100 shirts. Don't you think they could have sold them for $5 a piece and ALL the money goes to the RRGCC? Hell why not $2, anything is better than nothing. If it doesn't sell drop the price and raise some money.

Whats with the dunking booth? It's cold at night! Has this ever made any money for the RRGCC? Jousting should be an event like crash pad sumo at the NRG. As it was it was just a waste. Try to get the pro's to have a jousting comp and bet on it. The RRGCC can be the house. Raise some money with it.

Pros:

Food set up was great. I don't know what was different but it worked better (both dinner and breakfast). I think food was served earlier and it helped spread out the crowd.

Still a Great location.

Keen shoes are nice! Thanks Keen!

Ideas:

One of the best idea's that I heard was PMRP of RRGCC dog bones. I was told that Petzl didn't like the idea but I don't know why. You can't go buy their logo draws. If anything this could be a good thing for them, like a limited edition Wheaties box or something.

Long sleeve shirts. It's fall!

Try to get people to sign up for monthly donations.

Thanks to all that put this together. We might not have the PMRP without this event to raise the money!

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 am

Wow, not the reaction I expected. However Great imput never-the-less. I have started a list of areas to improve and areas that are going smoothly So please keep the info rolling. We want to make it the best event we can.

One thing I will say. I was disappointed that only one person who signed up to help with trash and cleanup with me showed up (those of you that just showed up outta the blue to help, thank you). If you are going to sign up to help please show up. We count on you to help us make this shit happen and without your support it wont.

Super big thanks to all that came. Its your climbing area and its your community. You show us every year how kickass of a family we have. I feel privladged to be a part of it.

And to the cat hit with the redbull. Sorry man, I feel horrible. Hope you are feeling better. Look me up and i'll make it up to ya.

Keep this rolling and Stay safe folks.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 am

you hit a cat with a redbull, dang that messed up.
Living the dream