Financial Support for Climbing from Climbers: The Problem

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
toad857
Loser
Loser

Re: Financial Support for Climbing from Climbers: The Proble

Post by toad857 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:32 pm

moonbeam wrote:I'll throw this out there...

Maybe this website needs to be promoted somewhat aggressively in gyms, outdoor stores, etc. We all know it's
full of good information, but I think most of the time we are preaching to the choir. The people that don't know
any better are the one's that need to be reading these threads and getting edumacated.
good point!

there's a lot of preaching to the choir on here, and these words often fall on deaf ears (or none)

Liz_Weber
Poser
Poser

Post by Liz_Weber » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:09 pm

DriskellHR wrote:
This is a great discussion by the way. Keep the good ideas coming.

On a side note I would LOVE to purchase some wildlife cameras to chatch the fecal bandits in the act.
The wildlife cameras are more entertaining than one might think, especially the one with infrared lighting for night. I bought them in hopes of catching sight of the bobcat we occasionally hear, or even a bear. We had one aimed at the barn because of a security issue. i did not expect to get photos of the person who walks off with toilet paper, two rolls at a time, from the Muir restrooms. Alas, no bear or bobcats yet, though.

Liz

captain static
Hippifried

Post by captain static » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:23 pm

I can remember dirtbag days when I didn't know where my next meal was coming from but was never so low that I contemplated the need to steal toilet paper :(
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:51 am

Wow.....
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Driskell - why would you want pictures of people taking a pooh?

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:19 pm

KD wrote:Driskell - why would you want pictures of people taking a pooh?
for your home gallery

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:21 pm

DriskellHR wrote:
KD wrote:Driskell - why would you want pictures of people taking a pooh?
for your home gallery
But ...I don't have a home gallery. I live in the ghetto and we don't those kind of nice things. Seriously, why do want to use hunting cameras and catch people going potty? Jus seems kinda weird is all.

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:02 pm

so I can post their pic on here when they are taking a shit under a five star classic.....

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:26 pm

DriskellHR wrote:so I can post their pic on here when they are taking a shit under a five star classic.....
But would Ray want that on his website? Would it pose a possible stalking-legal problem for you? And ...it's pretty fucked up thinking anyway. No offense but if you wanna be a high-ranking climber on the Coalitions' Board or whatever - you gotta learn more about how the access fund operates in regards to education and pr and why they do things the way they do - they have a long and interesting history of access issues that they have dealt with in an appropriate way. Otherwise they'll probably vote Clevis in instead of you :)

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:21 am

KD wrote:
DriskellHR wrote:so I can post their pic on here when they are taking a shit under a five star classic.....
But would Ray want that on his website? Would it pose a possible stalking-legal problem for you? And ...it's pretty fucked up thinking anyway. No offense but if you wanna be a high-ranking climber on the Coalitions' Board or whatever - you gotta learn more about how the access fund operates in regards to education and pr and why they do things the way they do - they have a long and interesting history of access issues that they have dealt with in an appropriate way. Otherwise they'll probably vote Clevis in instead of you :)

Geez KD, Your pretty neive these days. Since when do you take anything like this on here seriously? Do you really think I'm going to spend $100 bucks to chatch someone pooping at the cliff base at the crag? that being said I still think its a friggin hilarious idea.

NOBODY on the board is a high ranking anything. This would suggest we are better than the others. Fact is i'm just a climber with the means and motivation to get the job done. Only real reason i'm on the board is because I showed up. If you dont like my humor well....... cry about it. It will give me somthing else to laugh at.

Sorry you dont know a joke when you read one. unless it involves pooping..... Oh wait.

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 am

DriskellHR wrote:
KD wrote:

Geez KD, Your pretty neive these days. Since when do you take anything like this on here seriously? Do you really think I'm going to spend $100 bucks to chatch someone pooping at the cliff base at the crag? that being said I still think its a friggin hilarious idea.

NOBODY on the board is a high ranking anything. This would suggest we are better than the others. Fact is i'm just a climber with the means and motivation to get the job done. Only real reason i'm on the board is because I showed up. If you dont like my humor well....... cry about it. It will give me somthing else to laugh at.

Sorry you dont know a joke when you read one. unless it involves pooping..... Oh wait.
OMG! You fell for it lol! I was just joking too! I can't believe you took this seriously esp on here! Man talk about "neive" - of course I'm just joking! That would be almost as funny a comparing you as the "kid with the ball" that can't play very well and the guys gotta let him or else he'll get mad and take the ball home, lol That of course is a just a joke lol - ya got me, I think.

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:17 am

OOOOO, Man your right I should have known better. You got me BIG time. Kuddos sir. I respectfully withdraw, I have been bested :oops:

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:48 am

DriskellHR wrote:OOOOO, Man your right I should have known better. You got me BIG time. Kuddos sir. I respectfully withdraw, I have been bested :oops:
I also must respectfully admit that I too have been bested and must acquiesce as well.

clif
Loser
Loser

Post by clif » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:58 am

if clevis' dog is in maybe a brown nosing bitches volunteer network is due?
training is for people who care, i have a job.

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 pm

In all seriousness the overuse problem would diminish drastically if all bolts on climbs under 5.12 were stripped and people had to provide their own protection once again. This form (traditional, natural protection) was used successfully for a long time until the Bolt-a-thon and the rise of gym climbers in the Red. Make them provide their own pro and the college-type know-it-all hippies will go back to their gyms with their joints, guitars, bongos, Westies, Rusted Root cd's and their poop. It is probably the ultimate course as far as the Feds go assuming the usage of resources continues to climb at the current rate and with all the recent accidents and fatalities, it is probably for the best anyway. The crowds would either climb harder and smarter or tape up for the traditional way. In either case, this would thin things out a lot and give nature a chance to recover as well.