Who provides the best cell phone service at The Red?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Re: Who provides the best cell phone service at The Red?

Postby Nit » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm

This thread is a little old, but I thought I'd revive it since there has been a lot of cellular expansion in the last couple of years.

What's the best cell phone service in the Gorge area these days?
Nit
Gumby
Gumby

Postby Ascentionist » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:23 pm

I lived away for a few years and came back (live in Stanton) only to discover that my cell phone works in the Gorge now! Well, most places.

Generally the valleys are terrible but the ridgetops I get perfect service, even strong 4g. I have AT&T which we used to refer to as "Ain't Talkin' Today." I have a love/hate relationship with AT&T though.

I've had service in some strange places, like at Eagle's Nest, and I've not had it in some weird places (line of sight to a tower that I presumed to have ATT widgets).
There is no TEAM in I
Ascentionist
Dream Catcher

Postby Josephine » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:23 pm

Ascentionist wrote:I lived away for a few years and came back (live in Stanton) only to discover that my cell phone works in the Gorge now! Well, most places.

Generally the valleys are terrible but the ridgetops I get perfect service, even strong 4g. I have AT&T which we used to refer to as "Ain't Talkin' Today." I have a love/hate relationship with AT&T though.

I've had service in some strange places, like at Eagle's Nest, and I've not had it in some weird places (line of sight to a tower that I presumed to have ATT widgets).

verizon works most everywhere
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Josephine
Mean like vegetables

Previous

Return to Climbing Community