THANK YOU ASSHOLE !

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Re: THANK YOU ASSHOLE !

Post by Clevis Hitch » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:47 pm

no, the meeting about the gate is in Columbus. The meeting ABOUT; the meeting, is suposed to be in Richmond. At least thats the way I read it. I'll have to go back to that stall at the truck-stop to read it again.
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

goodguy
Total Sandbagger

Post by goodguy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 pm

I was jsut down yesterday and I didn't notice the gate as being damaged at all but I didn't know there was supposed to be another post. I actually thought it was clever and intentionally put up this way so that people could visualize the gate closed and that it was propped open only for a time if people contribute.
Oh man, he is messing that up. However, he is missing his left leg so that way would probably be harder for him. SCIN, just before spraying some beta for a climber doing a route the WRONG way.

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Clevis Hitch wrote:no, the meeting about the gate is in Columbus. The meeting ABOUT; the meeting, is suposed to be in Richmond. At least thats the way I read it. I'll have to go back to that stall at the truck-stop to read it again.
That's what JR Williams needs - automatic door closers and a reminder-sign on each stall to flush!

Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 pm

The gate was tacky and a waste of time anyway. Just pull the damn thing.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:43 pm

WORD^^^^
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:41 am

yes they are generating donations. However how much is hard to track.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

kneebar
Closet Renaissance Hardman

Post by kneebar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:51 am

I don't think anybody including Mike likes the gates.....am I right Mike? It's not like there isn't enough to do with trails. I don't really care for them ethier and I helped install that one, we really did it in hast during a trail day. If you are on this site at all you are fully aware of the work volunteers do for the PMRP. Unfortunatly a large amount of the climbers visiting don't know about the RRGCC. If a small amount of effort on my part to open a gate helps get the word out it is worth it IMO.

It shouldn't matter if you support the gate or not, vandalism is not the way to handle it. Go to the next RRGCC meeting at make your point, be constructive in coming up with options if you want them removed.

Shamis
bottom feeder

Post by Shamis » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:03 am

You don't need a stupid gate anyway. Still the dumbest thing I've ever seen the volunteers waste their time on.

toad857
Loser
Loser

Post by toad857 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Yeah, let's get rid of the gates. And while we're at it, let's chop those fucking bolts, too.

.....jesus christ

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:10 pm

How about "a fill the boot" campaign. Like what fire fighters do. It would be better recieved than a gate. I'd post up at one of the parking lots and shake down climbers for their cookies. Just not a big fan of gates...
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm not either joe (yeah ken your mostly right) but if it gets the word out, in my mind and by my observations it works. But shit dude, you want to shake a bucket for the benefit of the PMRP by all means brother. You can send what you collect to the RRGCC P.O.Box.

And Ken said it. If you want to make a differance come to the meetings. The gates were discussed and we acted on what folks at the meeting felt was a good approach (NOT just the BOD, it was an open meeting we made a point to ask folks in the community).
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

Clevis Hitch
My Name is Joe.

Post by Clevis Hitch » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:34 pm

I wish you guys would do all this meeting crap in the gorge. You'd get alot more people to participate. Saturday night after climbing, stop by the so and so and take in the meeting. I'm sure that there are lots of venues that would be thrilled to have the walk in business. To have a meeting some place that the only people who know how to get there are the friends of the one hosting the meeting. It just has a tendency to disenfranchise.

BTW. where is the NOV 9th meeting suposed to be?

clif
Loser
Loser

Post by clif » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:40 pm

ur welkomme, ders kruz
training is for people who care, i have a job.

EricDorsey
Gumby
Gumby

Post by EricDorsey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Clevis Hitch wrote:How about "a fill the boot" campaign. Like what fire fighters do. It would be better recieved than a gate. I'd post up at one of the parking lots and shake down climbers for their cookies. Just not a big fan of gates...
Thanks for doing something constructive. What parking lot should I look for you in next weekend?

captain static
Hippifried

Post by captain static » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 pm

I was against the gate idea when it was first brought up. It was discussed at a few RRGCC meetings before it went forward. Which meetings BTW were all held at Torrent Falls. Thank you Dr. Bob. Many different fundraising ideas have been suggested and some followed through with over the years. Over time I have been convinced that the gates were not a bad idea. First, there is no way we could have someone standing in the parking lots at all times shaking the boot. We have discussed donation boxes at the trailheads but there were security concerns. But as we have watched the one time donations come in over our pay pal account I can't help but think that some of those were generated from climbers who went through the gate and made a donation because of it. More than a few of those one time donations were in the $250 to $500 dollar range. If a couple of relatively benign gates have generated even one $250 donation then I don't think they were a waste of time or effort?
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh