Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
- Mean like vegetables
- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:38 pm
- Location: lexington at last
Sharp End Award - Bill Strachan
The Access Fund is proud to present Bill Strachan with a Sharp End Award for his many years of dedicated climbing advocacy in the Red River Gorge region of Kentucky. Bill serves as the executive director of the Red River Gorge Climbers Coalition and has worked alongside other RRGCC advocates and volunteers toward the completion of the Pendergrass-Murray acquisition. He has faithfully represented climbers’ interests by showing up for every Forest Service meeting that affects climbing management. His commitment and involvement has also been key to RRGCC’s ongoing work with Daniel Boone National Forest to steward climbing areas, increase climbing access, and implement better climbing management overall.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
- "53><`/ 817(|-|"
- Posts: 4714
- Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:42 am
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for all your work, Bill!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
(Emails > PMs)
- Posts: 3089
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am
- Location: Lex/Zoe
- Puppy Pimp
- Posts: 5425
- Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:03 pm
- Location: Singing in the sunshine - laughing in the rain
Well deserved, Bill. Congrats!!!
- 5.13 Granny
- Posts: 407
- Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:43 pm
- Location: Dayton, OH
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
- Don's Love Child
- Posts: 1784
- Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:17 pm
- Location: Ashland, KY
Thanks for all your hard work bill!
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
- Fred Garvin, male prostitute
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:24 pm
- Location: Winchester, KY
Heart felt Thank You! Tireless work over many years, only hope that future generations can be inspired by your efforts as they enjoy the benefits of them.
- Closet Renaissance Hardman
- Posts: 725
- Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:49 pm
- Location: Trying not to fly in CO
Nice work Bill! Now get out and enjoy some of it.
- Be nice to me. I won.
- Posts: 2859
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:40 pm
- Location: Hangin
As always, thanks for all you do Bill.
- loose flapping hemorrhoids
- Posts: 869
- Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:04 pm
- Location: The past ahead
You da man, Bill! Thanks!!!
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening
- Snake Charmer
- Posts: 3933
- Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:31 am
- Location: avoiding leaves
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
- Posts: 1949
- Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:18 am
- Location: woods
Bill, you suck.
If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
- Posts: 2438
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:05 pm
- Location: On Yonder Mountain
Yes Matt, I am a card carrying member. Before all this I had already told the RRGCC Board that when I turn 60 in 2 1/2 years, my first retirement is going to be from my position as Executive Director. That gives us a little time to figure out who is going to be the next me.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
- The Man
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:34 pm
Well done bill! You will be leaving big shoes to follow!
Climbing is not free. Support your local climbing organization. Labor and money precious resources!