I’m a “local”

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Post Reply
kkschm
Gumby
Gumby
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm

I’m a “local”

Post by kkschm » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 am

By the USDA’s standards, living within a 300-mile radius of the RRG is local. By Bobby "Buck Wild" Grigsby’s standards, an indigenous Appalachian and four-wheel enthusiast, you’re a yankee. Before you act like a jackass and claim to be a “local”, think about how people in Slade and the much smaller surrounding area depend on tourism.

I recently saw a guy, claiming to be local, tell a tourist he could go home if he didn’t like that his lunch was being eaten by his unleashed dog—his justification was that he lived here (he owns a crag-side piece of property at Solar Collector I assume). The tourist and his climbing partner left the crag and probably the RRG to preach about how ignorant Kentuckians are. If you find the owner of a dog named Isabella, he should be punched in the nuts.

User avatar
tbwilsonky
Chuck
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:38 pm
Location: Lexington
Contact:

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by tbwilsonky » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:50 am

Kentucky Sandwich Law clearly allows for dog/sandwich kerfuffles assuming ownership of an ATV and a sufficiently hyperbolic 'mountain' nickname.
haunted.

kkschm
Gumby
Gumby
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by kkschm » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:29 am

tbwilsonky wrote:Kentucky Sandwich Law clearly allows for dog/sandwich kerfuffles assuming ownership of an ATV and a sufficiently hyperbolic 'mountain' nickname.
I want to be your friend

User avatar
tbwilsonky
Chuck
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:38 pm
Location: Lexington
Contact:

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by tbwilsonky » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:07 am

ok!
haunted.

lena_chita
Poser
Poser
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by lena_chita » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 am

kkschm wrote:By the USDA’s standards, living within a 300-mile radius of the RRG is local. By Bobby "Buck Wild" Grigsby’s standards, an indigenous Appalachian and four-wheel enthusiast, you’re a yankee. Before you act like a jackass and claim to be a “local”, think about how people in Slade and the much smaller surrounding area depend on tourism.

I recently saw a guy, claiming to be local, tell a tourist he could go home if he didn’t like that his lunch was being eaten by his unleashed dog—his justification was that he lived here (he owns a crag-side piece of property at Solar Collector I assume). The tourist and his climbing partner left the crag and probably the RRG to preach about how ignorant Kentuckians are. If you find the owner of a dog named Isabella, he should be punched in the nuts.
On the contrary. The owner should be commended (and the dog should be given choice marrow bones) for clearing out Solar Collector of useless trash, such as food-containing backpacks and tourists.

kkschm
Gumby
Gumby
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by kkschm » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Ouch! Do you have a dog named Isabella?

lena_chita
Poser
Poser
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by lena_chita » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:35 pm

kkschm wrote:Ouch! Do you have a dog named Isabella?
Ouch! Do I look like an idiot who would name her dog Isabella, or go to Solar Collector on a weekend? :lol:

User avatar
Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 pm

lena_chita wrote:
kkschm wrote:Ouch! Do you have a dog named Isabella?
Ouch! Do I look like an idiot who would name her dog Isabella, or go to Solar Collector on a weekend? :lol:
1. MEGA BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
2. We're not sure what you look like... Show us your boobies!
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

kkschm
Gumby
Gumby
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by kkschm » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm

.
Last edited by kkschm on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurktj
Gumby
Gumby
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by kurktj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:04 pm

Talk about a dog off her leash

dustonian
BANNED
Posts: 3089
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Lex/Zoe

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by dustonian » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:05 pm

haha Kirk stop her before it's too late!

User avatar
Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that
Posts: 393
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Re: I’m a “local”

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Man, if I were into titties, the things that I would do to those donut holes...
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

Post Reply