New Main Trail at Muir Valley

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Re: New Main Trail at Muir Valley

Post by ynot » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:22 pm

I climbed with the Purdue club quit a bit back in the day. They have always been a good bunch. Miss those guys and girls. Stairs are a great idea. I don't see any trade off.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney

Brentucky
loose flapping hemorrhoids

Post by Brentucky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Wow, looks great! I guess I can just find out when I go out there climbing again, but where is this new, main trail located? Maybe I missed another post that already said, but I'm too lazy to check.
efil lanrete... i enjoy the sound, but in truth i find this seductively backward idea to be quite frightening

Willy
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Willy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Tucky,

It spits you out at the Valley floor across from the trailhead to the Stadium. I believe the start of it will be somewhere on your left as you go downhill towards the switchbacks from the parking lot but that's subject to change.

woodchuck008
Whiney Bitch

Post by woodchuck008 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Looks great!! I remember looking down that drop-off last fall when crawling, scouting out the newly carved trail and imagining the stairs job ahead. Leave it to Purdue,,school of engineering I trust was involved in this effort?? Nice nice work! And for those who haven't seen the new trail, it is so very user friendly and scenic, through the woods. Cool and comfy in the summer, even a bit drier in a light rain too I suppose. Nice work guys!!