Spray paint on Chainsaw

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Savage
Poser
Poser

Spray paint on Chainsaw

Post by Savage » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:20 pm

So what's the deal with the orange spray paint of chainsaw massacre? It's a real eye sore. Every bolt and chain is painted with bright orange paint, and the rock got sprayed a bit too. Was there a reason for this?

Looks like there was a big orange square sprayed on the slab up toward kick me in the jimmy. Just vandalism or was there a purpose for
This?

Alpinestar18
Gumby
Gumby

Re: Spray paint on Chainsaw

Post by Alpinestar18 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:25 pm

I was thinking that it was some idiot with paint can trying to highlight the place but now I'm asking myself if it was someone warning climbers of faulty bolts/chains... curious as well.

Willy
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Willy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Purely vandalism by some douche

Savage
Poser
Poser

Post by Savage » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm

We questioned it and wondered if it was a warning of bad bolts, but they are fine and are fairly recently replaced glue-ins. Any idea when this Happened? The sad part is that it is clearly a climber that did it. Disgusting

Cromper
Poser
Poser

Post by Cromper » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Happened back in December. Some fucktard.

Savage
Poser
Poser

Post by Savage » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 am

what would people's thoughts be on spraying it back to a more natural color at least?

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:21 am

DO NOT RESPRAY. There are paint removers made for this exact situation. I'll get the info for you ASAP.
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

Savage
Poser
Poser

Post by Savage » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:45 am

Don't worry, I'm not jumping the gun, just looking for the concensus on how to fix it. I can see paint remover working well for the stainless steel, but what about the overspray on the rock. It wasnt too bad, but still some pain ton the rock as well.

Any locals (perhaps Team Suck) willing to go do the work. I would gladly make a donation for your time/service. I am not particularly equipped to deal with it since I am 400miles away.

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:52 am

Other LCO's in other areas deal with rock graffiti all the time. When we were at the access fund summit this very thing was discussed and there was a chemical used that is non toxic environmently friendlyish and designed to scar the rock as little as possible.

Thanks for the heads up and input.

A reminder to everyone you can find a link to report bad trails, damage, vandalism etc. on the Rrgcc.org page. Please use it to let us know what is going on in your pmrp and mfrp. Doing this will help us keep a database for the 1000+ acres you own!
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

Savage
Poser
Poser

Post by Savage » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:00 am

Just doing my civic duty.

Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 am

Willy wrote:Purely vandalism by some douche
But let's overlook the tons of bolts/permadraws/chalk all over the wall and get upset about some spray paint! Because we have ethics.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

Ascentionist
Dream Catcher

Post by Ascentionist » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:25 am

Rotarypwr345704 wrote:
Willy wrote:Purely vandalism by some douche
But let's overlook the tons of bolts/permadraws/chalk all over the wall and get upset about some spray paint! Because we have ethics.
There is no TEAM in I

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:40 am

You guys are morons. This is private property where sport climbing has been an approved use of the land for nearly 30 years, with ZERO graffiti. The landowner accepts chalk, bolts, parking on his property, and yes even permadraws dogs and Euros. The landowner does not accept spray paint on the routes and on the rocks at the base, nor do any landowners I know of or the DBNF powers that be... it is in fact criminal vandalism. If the spray paint mongoloid continues this bullshit, crags WILL be shut down.

Rotarypwr345704
I said I'd donate $100 to the RRGCC, and nobody posted in the MF thread after I said that

Post by Rotarypwr345704 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 am

dustonian wrote:You guys are morons. This is private property where sport climbing has been an approved use of the land for nearly 30 years, with ZERO graffiti. The landowner accepts chalk, bolts, parking on his property, and yes even permadraws dogs and Euros. The landowner does not accept spray paint on the routes and on the rocks at the base, nor do any landowners I know of or the DBNF powers that be... it is in fact criminal vandalism. If the spray paint mongoloid continues this bullshit, crags WILL be shut down.
Dustin, let me apologize for my comment. I forgot that the wise-ass comments are reserved for you elites of the Red River Gorge. I remember a time when you, Piggy, rustyvasectomy, Odub and the lot did nothing but troll. And then someone comes along starts to troll you all and they are morons? Sounds like you can dish it, but you can't take it... Sounds like you're the moron for giving me the rise that I was looking for when I made the comment. So thanks, cupcake.
I fell for the everyone-shut-up-and-ill-donate-money scheme. -Ray Ellington, guidebook gawd

My name is Sam Douglass and I love to pose for photo shoots holding on to a jug with only one hand (and no feet!) with my best friend Ian.

MoHAlixPr
Gumby
Gumby

Post by MoHAlixPr » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 am

SHOTS FIRED