Climbing Video

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
GerrySeavo
Gumby
Gumby

Climbing Video

Post by GerrySeavo » Thu May 07, 2015 12:07 am

Hey Y'all. My name is Gerry James. I am an outdoor adventure writer/photographer. I am working on a rock climbing assignment for Kentucky Tourism and I have been out here climbing/training for the past month. This Saturday myself and another videographer seek to climb/shoot with a group and then rally at Miguels in the evening. The video will be showcase the experience of climbing in the Red. Anyone down to join us?!

Bryce Noonan
Gumby
Gumby

Re: Climbing Video

Post by Bryce Noonan » Thu May 07, 2015 11:07 am

im going down this saturday and sunday and have a group of friends that may be interested
Chossy roof cracks over bitches

GerrySeavo
Gumby
Gumby

Post by GerrySeavo » Thu May 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Hey man email me at [email protected] or text me at 270.995.9466

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Thu May 07, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm in if Kentucky Tourism can get approval for shooting it in Natural Bridge State Park.

col10
Gumby
Gumby

Post by col10 » Fri May 08, 2015 7:51 am

be warned. this dude is kind of sketchball/has no clue what hes doing according to some of friends that have climbed with him. no offense to him just sayin what i have been told more than once.

pumpout2004
Gumby
Gumby

Post by pumpout2004 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:44 am

Is this ad for guy on girl or guy on guy? No judgement, just curious.
Chuffer juice!

Bryce Noonan
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Bryce Noonan » Fri May 08, 2015 9:33 am

im interested still, you can text me 502-690-0696
Chossy roof cracks over bitches

thermalfissions
Gumby
Gumby

Post by thermalfissions » Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 am

There was an ad running on local TV for a while about Kentucky tourism, had a clip about climbing, showed a guy clapping chalk while taking on some route in the gorge. I know that was filmed by kentucky tourism, it was professionally made. Any association between that and this?

GerrySeavo
Gumby
Gumby

Post by GerrySeavo » Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 pm

col10 wrote:be warned. this dude is kind of sketchball/has no clue what hes doing according to some of friends that have climbed with him. no offense to him just sayin what i have been told more than once.

I think you have me mistaken. I have only been climbing with the guide services and a few others. The purpose of me being down here is to show a POV perspective of learning to climb in the Red.

clif
Loser
Loser

Post by clif » Fri May 08, 2015 11:30 pm

Gerry-

Good luck. You should keep in mind that some people refer to individuals requiring assistance as 'Jerries'. Furthermore, Thomas Mann's 1927 novel 'The Magic Mountain' is prescient, he wrote:

Life flitted across the screen before their smarting eyes: life chopped into small sections, fleeting, accelerated; a restless, jerky fluctuation of appearing and disappearing, performed to a thin accompaniment of music, which set its actual tempo to the phantasmagoria of the past, and with the narrowest of means at its command, yet managed to evoke a whole gamut of pomp and solemnity, passion, abandon, and gurgling sensuality. It was a thrilling drama of love and death they saw silently reeled off,...
training is for people who care, i have a job.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Sat May 09, 2015 7:34 am

Gerry, if you have the opportunity it might be worthwhile to gently point out the hypocrisy of state officials who wish to promote rockclimbing tourism in eastern Kentucky on one hand while at the same time forbidding climbing on state-managed lands such as Natural Bridge State Park and the Ashland WMA. Climbers have essentially self-funded the purchase and management of private property as a result of such discriminatory policies, and now the state wishes to cash in on the resulting tourism while giving nothing back. At the very least, a mention of the importance of financially supporting organizations such as the RRGCC, Friends of Muir Valley, and the Access Fund would be appreciated.