Graining Fork Nature Preserve

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
jhaight
Gumby
Gumby

Re: Graining Fork Nature Preserve

Post by jhaight » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 am

Hello KD,

We have owned the GFNP for over 10 years and have allowed tens of thousands of people access to the place. If you include the parking area on the West side of the road which includes access to the Zoo, it runs into the hundreds of thousands. Of course there are always a few assholes such as yourself that are intent on getting the place closed. Fortunately, they are in the minority.

John Haight

Ascentionist
Dream Catcher

Post by Ascentionist » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:02 pm

I had a long conversation with John today. I 100% see his side of it. Owning and managing Roadside is a nightmare...BUT he's doing it for a climbing community that has trouble policing itself, that includes individuals who have no respect, no manners, and no business being out in public unsupervised.

John does not hate dogs. He does not hate people. He obviously does not hate climbers. But in order to protect and preserve Roadside for future generations a certain level of "management" is a necessary evil. He can't afford (nor can the community afford for him) to let the unique chaos that Roadside attracts to reign. For whatever reason climbing at Roadside brings out the crazy in some people. Maybe they drink from the waterfall that flows off the lip that originates in the cow pasture on top. Who knows?

I said all of that to say: don't put up with crap at the crag. Call people out (tactfully and not to incite violence) but make it known that you don't appreciate asinine and juvenile behavior. If you can't behave as an adult...don't come to the Red. You're not welcome anywhere here.

And leave your damn dogs at home or go somewhere else. I leave my dogs home because they're !$#@ing animals and have no manners. Roadside (and many other crags in the Red) do not have enough land area to sustainably handly your poop and your dogs' poop.
There is no TEAM in I

stix
grump

Post by stix » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:58 am

Ascentionist wrote:don't put up with crap at the crag. Call people out...
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Thoreau

anticlmber
Tenderheart Bear

Post by anticlmber » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:49 pm

stix wrote:
Ascentionist wrote:don't put up with crap at the crag. Call people out...
. Ditto. Don't be lil bitches, call them out. Gotta take care of your neighborhood or everyone will just shit all over it.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life