About your dog.

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:07 pm

Hey! that's a vicious lie. Take it back!!!

longlegsrule
Mouse Killer

Post by longlegsrule » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:43 am

i hope the pic comes up in my signature...you can also find the pic in the woof section...my dog's name is Pelè.
I am a single female...and because of that...and harrasment I've received in the past...I got a dog that was sweet to me and my friends...but that might not be so apt to let just any bugger walk up close to me...same goes for other dogs...cept he doesnt normally put teeth on them
I try to keep him on a leash when I'm belaying or up a route...steer clear...bc he feels that I (and himself) am extremely threatened when he cant move.
He rarely barks and will NOT warn you when he's about to lunge...and he will go for your achilles
i trust my dog's instincts
the only good thing about this action? He more than likely will not bite down...but he will put his teeth on you...his breed is rated as the fastest snapping breed...and he is a blue heeler which means he is extremely quick on his feet...
i would love to see you try to catch him
bc im pretty quick on my feet too
you may yell at my dog and me all you wish...i can handle it...and you may slap him away with your hand...if you can get one on him

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/album_p ... pic_id=372
From Kentucky ;o)

Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Post by Huggybone » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:58 am

Ha! Rennee (our dog) is part blue heeler. They are really strange dogs! I was attacked by a heeler once.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

Gretchen
IGNORE ME!

Post by Gretchen » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:28 am

Man I would watch out for Rennee, she is a tough little bugger!
Just genuinely disengenuous.

dipsi
Hoochy Momma

Post by dipsi » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:20 am

Heelers are darned smart, and very protective of their families. I used to own a livestock market, and my heelers were great herders!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS

Yasmeen
"53><`/ 817(|-|"

Post by Yasmeen » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:55 pm

That is a beautiful dog! I'm already trying to decide what kind of dog to get when I finally do, and Blue Heelers are now definitely in the running.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)

wanderer
Gumby
Gumby

Post by wanderer » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:25 pm

Saturday night I saw a pit bull dog chained to the corner of the bldg right where everyone walks. Interesting location to chain a dog, but I didn't see any altercations. Another dog was off leash, but very well behaved and was just chillin out by the big tree out front. It was a large dog, grey and white. Almost looked like a husky. Didn't see any problems with it either.

Horatio Felacio
highly skilled professional

Post by Horatio Felacio » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:45 pm

longlegsrule, why the fuck would you post that? jh is banned, but it's almost a cry for someone to try and beat your dog senseless. not me though.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast

kclimb
Gumby
Gumby

Post by kclimb » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:22 pm

wanderer,
That may have been our dog that was chilin by the tree. If so, he's a malamute and they are awesome dogs. They are quite often mistaken for Siberian Huskies because they look like them, only bigger. Our's is such a big baby, very loving and gentle, and I'd recommend a malamute to anyone who is very active and loves the outdoors. He also will demand to be loved on whenever he wants a hug... which is often, but not a problem. We love him.

dipsi
Hoochy Momma

Post by dipsi » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:37 am

kclimb, I may have seen your malamute Sunday at Miguel's. Still a big puppy? Very sweet. Do you also have a husky? Malamutes are sweeties, and I think Hefe's Bo was half malamute/half German Shepherd. What a great dog he was!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS

kclimb
Gumby
Gumby

Post by kclimb » Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:14 pm

Yop, he is a big puppy... just a year old. He will get a little bigger and is a total baby! He's got the best temperment I've seen in a dog in a long time. Yes, I do have an Alaskan Husky, all white, named Sierra. She usually sits in the jeep/car since she's a scaredy cat and growls & barks to show it rather than cower or roll on her back. It makes people passing by her uneasy since they aren't sure of her intentions, so keeping her inside the car is better. She actually prefers it and doesn't get stressed out that way.

I'll bet Bo was beautiful! You're talking about him in the past tense... is he no long longer around? Is there a photo in the album? I'd love to see him so let me know.

dipsi
Hoochy Momma

Post by dipsi » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:02 pm

Chester has a link on Good Friend Gone thread--September 02--Whatever. It's a beautiful memorial photo page of Bo. Great guy, Bo.

Yep, I had a nice conversation with your pup and saw your Husky too. I read once that Malamutes would only bark at intruders to let them know where the dog biscuits are kept! I can't wait to live where I can have a dog or two again!