RRGCC

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Meadows
Puppy Pimp

Post by Meadows » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:48 pm

davsa, I've always had this poetic notion of the designer - that he wanted to paint pictures with words. Now I know that I, along with others were just confused since the "rank" is under "Avatar" in the profile.
Last edited by Meadows on Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andy_lemon
Terminal n00b

Post by andy_lemon » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:05 pm

andy_lemon wrote:That is not an avatar n00bs. An avatar is a picture. That is a user rank.
Meadows wrote:Hey Lemonhead - go look at your profile and tell me what it says. :wink:
davsa wrote:Avatars are pictures and they are disabled on this forum. The words under your username are your rank.
n00bs! Andy & Sandy just represented on your asses! Like, Back TFU, eh?

Not a bitch.

rhunt
Suspiciously French

Post by rhunt » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:16 pm

squeezindlemmon, SCGC has a very good point. When ever there is a thread about the RRGCC on this borad it is ALWAYS in a negative light.

This board should NEVER be used as a source for information about the RRGCC, if anyone has any questions about the RRGCC go to their web site.

Bill shouldn't have to defend or even discuss this stuff here...
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist

squeezindlemmon
59" Drill Bitch

Post by squeezindlemmon » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:28 pm

I was going to say that, but I know better than to direct traffic from here to the coalition website. Besides, people seem to bitch about it here more than anywhere else. Usually, in my experience, when people speak up about something, it means they care about the issue - regardless of whether they are bitching or commending. So, since people seem to keep bringing it up in this website, I thought it would be a good idea to keep opening up the topic until those people who complain speak up and state exactly what they think the problem is.

I have yet to hear a specific complaint/concern about the coalition since I posted on this thread. This is the third time I'm asking.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley

Alan Evil
BANNED

Post by Alan Evil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:15 pm

Ok. Specific complaint/concern, eh?

I'm concerned that they...

I mean, my complaint is that they... they... uh...

Ok, I don't have either. But my reading of this thread so far is that the RRGCC website sucks ass and doesn't provide the newest news and information directly or easily therefore a group of people who already hate the RRGCC for a myriad of reasons old and new point this out to draw light on their wider opinion of the suckitudity of the RRGCC. Right?

Personally I don't care. I just wanna know if road 9 is open or closed.

You may return to being snippy to each other now.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:16 pm

Closed man. It'll be closed for a long time. Check the National Forest Service site for that kinda stuff.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Alan Evil
BANNED

Post by Alan Evil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:21 pm

Have you been back there? Did that whole weak stretch collapse? Last weekend there were some cars parked at the gate.

And why would I need to check the NFS site for that when it's always posted on the home page here? I think that's part of the gripe about the RRGCC website: they're comparing it to this one which is always up to date and fresh.

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Yea, I see what you're saying now. Yea man, the section of road back there is like 4 feet wide now. It's freakin' trashed. I also noticed a new hairline fracture down closer to Pebble Beach. I guarantee that'll be the next section to go.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Alan Evil
BANNED

Post by Alan Evil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:34 pm

I wonder when or if they'll be able to fix it. Sounds like it'll take pilings or major concrete to hold that section. I always thought it looked precarious before. I mean, it was straight down nearly 40 feet through there. And if the road is about to collapse further on they may keep it closed. So how long is the hike back to Indian creek? 4 miles? 'Taint nothing but a pretty ride on a bicycle! And easier than getting to Wall of Denial on bike or on foot.

Toad
Gash Baiter

Post by Toad » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:56 pm

Last edited by Toad on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spragwa
Southern Women Rule

Post by Spragwa » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:19 pm

I do think that it is interesting how the RRGCC is reviled more than any climbing organization in the country. For this reason, I think that open discussion on how the organization is trying to change is constructive. That is not meant for the RRGCC website. From what I've seen, the RRGCC forum is solely for projecting an image not for open disclosure. That's just my observation.

The RRGCC does good things. Unfortunately, it is compiled of human beings. By nature we are imperfect. There are elements of the coalition I find impossible to work with as a volunteer. There are elements of the coalition that I respect more than anyone else in the climbing community. There are those in the coalition who do not repel climbers. That's a positive thing. There are others who ostracize 1/2 of the community through their repugnant behavior. I view that as a negative.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast

SCGC
Pain in the ass

Post by SCGC » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:45 am

Sounding bitter there Spraqwa. What do you mean by reviled?

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:49 pm

yawn..old hash again from Sprag..you'd think bygones would be bygones, but instead they follow thru our inability to move forward. we alwasy like to mention we WE felt slighted. How about everyone who is soooo concerned, stepping up to the plate, and offering something of substance. Let me start since I mentioned it.

Third weekend in May, I am offering my labor for anything the RRGGC needs done. Trail work, handing out fliers, drumming up membership, etc....who is with me? If we get enough volunteers, we then approach the Board and offer our services. Anyone care to step up to the plate wiht some committment in mind?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

SCGC
Pain in the ass

Post by SCGC » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info..kind of new to the game so just in the learning phase.

If I don't have to work that weekend...I'm in.

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:54 pm

that's two....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.