the mayor of slade

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
absolutsugarsmurf
Gumby
Gumby

the mayor of slade

Post by absolutsugarsmurf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:57 pm

This weekend at Miguel's I heard that someone had murdered the "Mayor of Slade". Something about a drug deal gone bad. Later I was told that he wasn't murdered, only that someone had lit him on fire. Does anyone know anything substantial about this? The mayor gave me such a good laugh everytime I passed his trailer, I'd hate it if he was gone. Plus I hate to hear about another murder in the gorge. I wonder if spencer will put a tribute to the mayer in his video. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Post by ynot » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 pm

He almost burned himself up again this past winter.I hope your rumors are wrong.
He told me that he burned up a couple trailers already. Pouring kerosene while intoxicated gets him in trouble.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney

climbhigh
Giddy Little Schoolgirl

Post by climbhigh » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:47 pm

We had a local stop by the shop asking for donations. From what I heard it is true that he passed on. She stated that he was shot in the neck and then burned. This is all second hand info, so take it as that. Sad, very sad.

climbhigh
Giddy Little Schoolgirl

Post by climbhigh » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Also there is a collection bucket at the Shell station for anyone wanting to donate.

I wish I had more information, if I hear more I will post.

ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Post by ynot » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:06 pm

Wow.Thats hard core.I just sat and talked with him over supper at Shell last time I was there,now hes gone.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:58 pm

miguel told me that he was doused with kerosene by a "friend" aka dangerous psycho type that lives close by but that there is no hard evidence to prosecute so far. Hope they get the guy who did it and put him away - for everybody's safety.

longlegsrule
Mouse Killer

Post by longlegsrule » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:31 pm

aw how sad...he was a living legend :cry:
From Kentucky ;o)

Snowpuppy
Poser
Poser

Post by Snowpuppy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:13 pm

It royally sucks that someone would do that. But then after what I've heard, seen, and read that there are nothing but a bunch of psychos around there anyway (take for instance the "good old boys" trailer on the way to Nada tunnel with the big rebel flag on the front porch). Kinda like with the bear being shot-I tell you it takes a really "BIG" man to shoot a bear in a cage, and then to set someone on fire. What is up with that? The mayor of slade was harmless.

Also KD good to climb with you again on Sat. I ended up home Sun. afternoon with the flu.

diggum
Star Trek Kid

Post by diggum » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:31 pm

This thread should be in the suck forum...cuz it SUCKS that someone would do that to a fellow human being.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Eric
unable to give a damn

Post by Eric » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:35 pm

anyone know his real name?
"But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?" – Lord Byron

charlie
BANNED

Post by charlie » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:44 pm

Rodney or Randall I think. That's about as much as I know about him.

Wes
Believer

Post by Wes » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:47 pm

Rodney, don't know the last name. He was not living the healthest of lifestyles, so something like this was probably in the cards for him sooner or later. Still, it is a hella shame. Nice enough guy - I have chatted with him a few times while eating at the Chevron.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:06 pm

[Deleted by Artsay]
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

Alan Evil
BANNED

Post by Alan Evil » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:12 pm

See, there's the difference between Republican's and real humans. The Republicans think you deserve death if you're not just like them while real humans think it's sad when someone gets shot in the neck regardless.

What is that saying...? It was by some famous guy that a lot of people say they follow... oh, what was it...? Oh yeah! "Judge not lest ye be judged." I think that Jesus guy said that. He said something about loving the sinner as though he were your own brother and sharing your worldly goods with everyone and some other stuff. Sounds like a hippy and/or communist to me.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:33 pm

{deleted by Pigsteak. My rudeness went too far.}
Last edited by pigsteak on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.