Bolting Clinic Info

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Bolting Clinic Info

Post by Huggybone » Wed May 04, 2005 8:56 am

Hey, Wondering how to sign up, and and when to show up.
And if there is an equipment fee.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

squeezindlemmon
59" Drill Bitch

Post by squeezindlemmon » Wed May 04, 2005 9:42 am

Last year we had a sign-up sheet at Miguel's but I think it would be better if we can get a list going now..... but I say sign-up only if you are 100% SURE you can make it.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley

Toad
Gash Baiter

Post by Toad » Wed May 04, 2005 10:20 am

Who is giving the clinic and what are their qualifications?

squeezindlemmon
59" Drill Bitch

Post by squeezindlemmon » Wed May 04, 2005 10:45 am

Muir Valley is sponsoring the clinic and Team Muir will be there with the Webers. Tim Powers will be representing the Coalition BOD. Last year, we had one participant but even the *teachers* learned something new from each other. As far as their qualifications, most of them are prolific bolters (been putting up routes for decades) and FA'ers in the Red and elsewhere in the region. At last year's clinic, Tim Powers was there, with Terry Kindred, Jared Hancock, Mike Susko, myself, Rick & Liz Weber, Gary Drexler and a couple other guys. I think Blake Bowling (?) was there for a bit too.

Fun time, indeed.

As far as where, it's going to be at Muir Valley since Rick's equipment is down there already.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley

weber
Star Trek Kid

Post by weber » Wed May 04, 2005 11:22 am

Huggybone wrote:And if there is an equipment fee.
No fees for anything at Muir. Those attending will get some good freebies.

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau

Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Post by Huggybone » Wed May 04, 2005 11:27 am

Please consider me signed up.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

powen01
Poser
Poser

Post by powen01 » Wed May 04, 2005 12:09 pm

Howsabout when?

Toad
Gash Baiter

Post by Toad » Wed May 04, 2005 12:12 pm

Do the registrants need to bring their own route to bolt?

squeezindlemmon
59" Drill Bitch

Post by squeezindlemmon » Wed May 04, 2005 12:13 pm

If you're asking when for the clinic, it's on Sat, May 28th.
http://www.rrgcc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 94ca292207

If you're asking about the dumb guy.... well, I really can't remember when that happened. :?

Toad, I'm not quite sure how you can bring your own route. I'm pretty sure though that Tim Powers and Rick Weber has an area picked out already to have the clinic at.

krazykid
Gumby
Gumby

Post by krazykid » Wed May 04, 2005 12:58 pm

How do I sign up for the work shop? I know its on Sat. 28, but what time and where at Muir?
thanks. Can't wait!!! It's going to be an awsome weekend!

weber
Star Trek Kid

Post by weber » Wed May 04, 2005 1:23 pm

krazykid wrote:Back to the Topic. How do I sign up for the work shop? I know its on Sat. 28, but what time and where at Muir?
thanks. Can't wait!!! It's going to be an awsome weekend!
Stay tuned for time. I'm guessing we will want to get started mid morning. I'll have the bolt testing gear set up and running at 9 am. It is located on the footpath leading from the main parking lot down to the Valley floor, along side the first rock wall on the right that you encounter.

I believe we should meet at the new maintenance building near the main parking lot. This will be a good staging area. We'll post any changes here as soon as we know more.

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau

neuroshock
Tard

Post by neuroshock » Thu May 05, 2005 12:29 pm

squeezindlemmon wrote:Last year we had a sign-up sheet at Miguel's but I think it would be better if we can get a list going now..... but I say sign-up only if you are 100% SURE you can make it.
sign me up!

as long as something catastrophic doesn't happen and prevent my getting to the red friday night, i'll be there. :)

Artsay
SCIN's

Post by Artsay » Thu May 12, 2005 11:01 am

I've split the old thread into two. This one has all important information pertaining to the scheduled clinic so please post useful info or questions here. Thanks!

~Michelle
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.

kneebar
Closet Renaissance Hardman

Post by kneebar » Thu May 12, 2005 12:35 pm

Thanks Artsay! :D

How many folks are signed up so far?

squeezindlemmon
59" Drill Bitch

Post by squeezindlemmon » Thu May 12, 2005 12:49 pm

I heard there's really no official sign up sheet right now.... just need to show up at Miguel's early Saturday morning and the sign-up sheet will be there. I think. Tim Powers or Bill Strachan would know for sure.