Miguel's campground rule

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
andy_lemon
Terminal n00b

Post by andy_lemon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:55 am

pigsteak wrote:the "brah" scene at night will make you puke.
I don't need any help puking at Miguel's when I'm there. I do that on my own, but usually not till around 2 or 3 a.m.
Not a bitch.

Spragwa
Southern Women Rule

Post by Spragwa » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:52 am

I don't camp at Miguel's partly b/c of the noise. Also, I sleep with my dogs. Anyone coming near my car is perceived as a major threat necessitating serious barking, growling, and trampling of me in my sleeping bag. They're quite vigilant.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast

marathonmedic
Invalid Session

Post by marathonmedic » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:35 am

Spragwa wrote:and trampling of me in my sleeping bag. They're quite vigilant.
Ah, love and loyalty.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.

Christian
Dharma Punk

Post by Christian » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:51 am

andy_lemon wrote:
pigsteak wrote:the "brah" scene at night will make you puke.
I don't need any help puking at Miguel's when I'm there. I do that on my own, but usually not till around 2 or 3 a.m.
that's the real reason you always bring your own tent.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu

Ballss
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Ballss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:59 am

When i was still camping at miguels, I loved waking up at the ass crack of dawn and making alot of noise. Almost made my 2 hours of sleep worth it to wake all assholes responsible for my fragmented night's sleep....
The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with you palm now...........

tomdarch
Compendious

Post by tomdarch » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:31 am

Ballss wrote:When i was still camping at miguels, I loved waking up at the ass crack of dawn and making alot of noise. Almost made my 2 hours of sleep worth it to wake all assholes responsible for my fragmented night's sleep....
Oh, so that's why [email protected]*kwits play basketball starting at 6:00am....

Gosh, I so love getting screwed at both ends!

(I have seriously considered 'confiscating' the basketballs in the evening and returning them when I get up.)
Bacon is meat candy.

Wes
Believer

Post by Wes » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:37 am

I am one of the lucky people who can sleep just about anywhere, so the noise doesn't bother me. But, I think it is a good thing to be a little bit stricter about quiet time, as it is the number one thing I hear people complain about the camping at Miguels. Of couse, I used to enjoy the nights of drinking/climbing roadside attraction/drinking/playing with fire/music etc. that was camping at roadside when it was open for that.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda

rhunt
Suspiciously French

Post by rhunt » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:58 am

Wes wrote:I am one of the lucky people who can sleep just about anywhere, so the noise doesn't bother me. But, I think it is a good thing to be a little bit stricter about quiet time, as it is the number one thing I hear people complain about the camping at Miguels. Of couse, I used to enjoy the nights of drinking/climbing roadside attraction/drinking/playing with fire/music etc. that was camping at roadside when it was open for that.
There was once a time that we camped at Miguel's becaue it was more quiet than Roadside. Then it would change and Roadside would be the quiet place.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist

UnaBonger
Gumby
Gumby

Post by UnaBonger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:32 am

I recommend the Lil Abner. The smell of pine-sol and three tv channels more than make up for the lack of campfire and I haven't missed young men braying since I was one myself.

Will

Snowpuppy
Poser
Poser

Post by Snowpuppy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:17 pm

It is called common courtesy though. We shouldn't have to camp "somewhere else" because of a few rude people, and we have just as much right to camp and Miguel's as anybody else. Just keep it down for those of us trying to sleep, or I do the same thing as Ballss. You are rude and keep me up, well when I get up, I will wake your ass up with noise. If you're quiet, then I'm quiet (It's the golden rule).
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear, such people become crazy-they become legends." ---Legends of the Fall

local
massive bone-fire

Post by local » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:26 am

right on....i play basketball at the store every morning about nine.......its my warm up for climbing...i'll make sure to air ball it into your tent...

Lateralus
925 Challenged

Post by Lateralus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:16 am

People camp at Miguel's? Hm, thought it was a pizza restaurant with a bit of climbing gear thrown in the mix.
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:15 pm

if you call putting your tent three feet from other drunks "camping", then yes, people camp there.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

local
massive bone-fire

Post by local » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:23 am

i didn't realize how much people hate camping at the store.......i'm getting sad.......i never posted this subject...change of topic

ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Post by ynot » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:05 am

Those of us set up for car camping aren't complaining.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney