Green Climbing

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
heidiramma
Tiny Avenger

Post by heidiramma » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Green climbing? as in not showering to conserve water, or minimal clothing in order to avoid supporting sweat shops
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis

toad857
Loser
Loser

Post by toad857 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:09 pm

just came across this job announcement. guess we will get to the bottom of this one:
some job announcement wrote:...Field research assistant in clifflline ecology:

...Beginning June 1st, 2010 for an individual interested in the cliff ecology of the New River Gorge National River, WV. Field-based research funded by the National Park Service will evaluate the impact of rock climbing on woody, herbaceous and non-flowering plants (lichens, bryophytes) of cliff and cliff-side communities. Applicants should: 1) have or be in pursuit of an undergraduate degree in geography, ecology, biology or related field, 2) demonstrated abilities in climbing, caving, or rappelling and 3) demonstrated interest in plant systematics, vegetation ecology, and/or tree ring research. Preference will be given to those with prior field experience and those comfortable working in cliff environments. Compensation includes: $3,500.00 from approximately June 1st through mid August (40 hrs/wk for ~9 weeks). Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, GPA, and the contact information of two references...

One-Fall
Good Egg

Post by One-Fall » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm

This guy is one of the intellectuals of our sport.

His comments on The Green Issue of Climbing

http://www.mountainsandwater.com/
Can't we all just get along?

Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.

Post by Jeff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Nice find.