Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
- Poseur Jerry
- Posts: 3127
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:10 pm
- Location: Peru
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
- Posts: 2438
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:05 pm
- Location: On Yonder Mountain
I think I'm going to need a rope car for those 15 - 20 ropes I'll be bringing along for my road trip.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
- Gash Baiter
- Posts: 618
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:41 pm
I want the one in the picture.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
- Posts: 1691
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:31 pm
"and just like your climbing shoes your ropes should be inspected before any use"
after inspecting my shoes, I also inspect my fingernails and armpits.
- Posts: 3163
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:21 pm
- Location: Under the sky so blue
- Posts: 868
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:38 pm
- Location: Lexington
nothing funnier than an earnest long-winded noob. brilliant work.
- Mean like vegetables
- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:38 pm
- Location: lexington at last
Even your type of climbing webbing can affect which rope strength is best.
learn something new every day!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
- Blade Master
- Posts: 884
- Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:54 am
Can't count the times I've shown up at the crag and thought, crap, this is quartzite! I brought the wrong rope!
No chalkbag since 1995.
- still a dumbass
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:54 pm
- Location: Bishop, CA
What is a rope car? I don't have one of those, am I in trouble?
Also I do not inspect my shoes every time I climb... Do you all?
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
- bottom feeder
- Posts: 1343
- Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:11 am
That article is funny because it stops right when I was expecting some actual info on different ropes.