Bouldering - Between NY and RRG

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...

Bouldering - Between NY and RRG

Postby Flapper625 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm

I've got a trip to the Red coming up early May and was hoping someone would be able to point me in the direction of some prime bouldering destinations I can stop at on the way back to NY.

I know there is bouldering at the Red but I've read its not very developed and not great quality. I would just like to add a quick stop at a bouldering spot or two to top off the trip.

Thanks,
Flapper625
Gumby
Gumby

Re: Bouldering - Between NY and RRG

Postby MrFizz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I think stone fort is in Tennessee which might be on the way and Lilly Boulders near the Obed is pretty good from what I've heard but I don't really know I'm no expert.
What would crush with Arnold's tank?
MrFizz
Gumby
Gumby

Postby GWG » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 pm

Haycock, in Eastern PA, has some incredible bouldering. You can pick up a guide book for this at North Summit Climbing Gym in Wind Gap, PA.

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/haycoc ... /107082197
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the tradewinds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
GWG
Sport Rappeller

Postby dustonian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Coopers Rock, WV is the most logical stop, with high quality bouldering right off of the interstate near Morgantown.
dustonian
BANNED

Postby crazyhair » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:35 pm

MrFizz wrote:I think stone fort is in Tennessee which might be on the way and Lilly Boulders near the Obed is pretty good from what I've heard but I don't really know I'm no expert.

Please tell me you did not recently graduate from Rockcastle. If you were one of my geography students, I might need to reconsider my teaching career and take up free-soloing.
Last edited by crazyhair on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazyhair
Gumby
Gumby

Postby MrFizz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:30 pm

crazyhair wrote:
MrFizz wrote:I think stone fort is in Tennessee which might be on the way and Lilly Boulders near the Obed is pretty good from what I've heard but I don't really know I'm no expert.
Please tell me you did not recently graduate from Rockcastle. If you were one of my geography students, I might need to reconsider my teacher career and take up free-soloing

We accuse me for being retarded.
image.jpg
What would crush with Arnold's tank?
MrFizz
Gumby
Gumby

Postby Flapper625 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:53 pm

awesome feedback, thanks guys!
Flapper625
Gumby
Gumby