Climbing photo thread, volume 1

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...
diggum
Star Trek Kid

Post by diggum » Sun May 08, 2005 8:36 pm

ynot, It is Scabies.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

marathonmedic
Invalid Session

Post by marathonmedic » Mon May 09, 2005 11:17 am

it's great to see you styling on a climb like that. very sweet pics.

Is is just me or do those dogs look a little guilty about something?
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.

ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Post by ynot » Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 pm

Fell on that a couple times, my first year climbing, cracked my funny bone and it bothered me every time I put my elbow on a table. I don't care if I never do that route again, but you sure look good on it, Diggum.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney

Caspian
Poser
Poser

Post by Caspian » Thu May 12, 2005 1:36 pm

there was a pretty high rate of incoming pictures into this thread....now it is dead. where have all the photographers gone?
"how ironic....now he's blind after a life of enjoying being able to see."~Homer

squeezindlemmon
59" Drill Bitch

Re: Climbing photo thread, volume 1

Post by squeezindlemmon » Thu May 12, 2005 2:53 pm

Wes wrote:Post up! But, please don't use img tags with photos from the gallery here, otherwise we will kill Ray's bandwidth pretty quick. If you do post img tags from the gallery, your post will be edited/deleted....
Shame on me! :oops:
Caspian wrote:there was a pretty high rate of incoming pictures into this thread....now it is dead. where have all the photographers gone?
but, but, but.... I just wanted to keep the topic going!

Steve's Arete, Mt Lemmon
http://www.redriverclimbing.com/album_p ... ic_id=1588

I know this is Chris Sharma.... but see that person in the background in a blue/white shirt with a hat on? That's ME! ::chrissharmasigh::
http://www.redriverclimbing.com/album_p ... ic_id=1590

Another Doug Reed Route
http://www.redriverclimbing.com/album_p ... ic_id=1591

And... one of my fave pics at the summit of Tahquitz Rock
http://www.redriverclimbing.com/album_p ... ic_id=1592
Last edited by squeezindlemmon on Fri May 13, 2005 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley

Artsay
SCIN's

Post by Artsay » Thu May 12, 2005 2:56 pm

That's such a great picture of you two! :)
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.

diggum
Star Trek Kid

Post by diggum » Thu May 12, 2005 2:58 pm

That is a good one.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Caspian
Poser
Poser

Post by Caspian » Thu May 12, 2005 2:59 pm

why to come through for the team to quench the afternoon bordom. Thanks squeeze!
"how ironic....now he's blind after a life of enjoying being able to see."~Homer

J-Rock
Indiana Jared

Post by J-Rock » Thu May 12, 2005 11:40 pm

"Steve's Arete" at Mt. Lemmon is an awesome route. It is overhanging and short, but the exposure is amazing! That was her first year of climbing and she was onsighting every 5.11 that she touched. :D
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder

Wes
Believer

Re: Climbing photo thread, volume 1

Post by Wes » Thu May 12, 2005 11:43 pm

squeezindlemmon wrote:
Wes wrote:Post up! But, please don't use img tags with photos from the gallery here, otherwise we will kill Ray's bandwidth pretty quick. If you do post img tags from the gallery, your post will be edited/deleted....
Shame on me! :oops:
If the site seems slow, we know who to blame! Don't you all have another server to host with? $8 a month is what I pay for mine, and I neve even come close to the bandwidth limits.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda

J-Rock
Indiana Jared

Post by J-Rock » Thu May 12, 2005 11:45 pm

Sorry folks, I guess we won't be posting anymore photos since we don't have our own server to host with. Damn, I wanted to post the photo of the lady slipper tonight. Oh well... :oops: :(
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder

Wes
Believer

Post by Wes » Thu May 12, 2005 11:49 pm

J-Rock wrote:Sorry folks, I guess we won't be posting anymore photos since we don't have our own website. :oops: :(
J-Rock, WTF? So, it is cool to kill Ray's bandwidth? Everytime someone opens this page, his server feeds out those photos from the gallery. I just about killed the line once with NRG photos. Which is one of the reasons I got a site of my own. Post them on RC.com, then cross link if you don't want to get your own site.

Po, the kung fu panda

J-Rock
Indiana Jared

Post by J-Rock » Thu May 12, 2005 11:55 pm

No, that's why I won't be posting anymore photos... sorry about that. I don't want to kill Ray's bandwidth.

--A Navaho elder

young'n climber
Team Mascot

Post by young'n climber » Thu May 12, 2005 11:56 pm

just host your images at www.imageshack.us ...its free and easy
Alan Evil is a whiney fucking bitch.
_____

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.

Wes
Believer

Post by Wes » Fri May 13, 2005 12:05 am

Caspian wrote:there was a pretty high rate of incoming pictures into this thread....now it is dead. where have all the photographers gone?
They don't have to be your own photos. You can cross link from other websites. Maybe just give credit to the site.

Po, the kung fu panda