After p90x

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
Josephine
Mean like vegetables

Re: After p90x

Post by Josephine » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 pm

thanks Yasi! 8)

well - i guess since i didn't have any real fitness/diet experience p90 was helpful. i don't agree that just "eating right" will cause you to lose body fat - you might lose weight but weight does not always equal body fat (i lost a ton of weight when i had surgery - but it was all my muscle :-( i think p90 was a good way to lose fat - but i didn't lose any weight.

i can say i tried several other recovery drinks and i used p90s because it was the only one that tasted good :-) all the rest of it i think is overpriced.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun

tbwilsonky
Chuck

Post by tbwilsonky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am

abripperx, yoga x, and plyometrics are pretty useful. replace the recovery drinks with organic chocolate milk. try really hard.

this is all you need to know for 5.15/v16/4 minute mile/one arm handstand

you're welcome.
t
haunted.

tH1e-swiN1e
Gumby
Gumby

Post by tH1e-swiN1e » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Josephine wrote:thanks Yasi! 8)

well - i guess since i didn't have any real fitness/diet experience p90 was helpful. i don't agree that just "eating right" will cause you to lose body fat - you might lose weight but weight does not always equal body fat (i lost a ton of weight when i had surgery - but it was all my muscle :-( i think p90 was a good way to lose fat - but i didn't lose any weight.

i can say i tried several other recovery drinks and i used p90s because it was the only one that tasted good :-) all the rest of it i think is overpriced.
I totally agree P90 works, but I personally get better results at the gym doing my own thing. Body comp is all about diet whether youre maintaining, bulking, or cutting. If youre getting your daily kcal/macro/micro limits then you will get the results you want. If youd like Id be happy to hook you up with a diet. We'll call it an experiment.
More Altitude, Less Attitude.

SelEnAMArShall
Gumby
Gumby

Post by SelEnAMArShall » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:08 am

It's a bit faddish but a lot of their philosophy makes sense ( some seems unrealistic), they really push variety and intensity.. they claim to honor technique but the rep counts in some of the WODs would render form impossible to uphold for 99% of us.