News re Muir Valley

Posts here will show on front page
tbwilsonky
Chuck

Re: News re Muir Valley

Post by tbwilsonky » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:25 am

The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things.
haunted.

Wolf
Poser
Poser

Post by Wolf » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 am

By the way, now is a good time to donate. An anonymous donor is matching donations up to $5000 until May 24 dollar for dollar, so you can make your money count double.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html

tactless
Gumby
Gumby

Post by tactless » Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 pm

potts wrote:
ray wrote:I climb in a lot of areas around the country and none of them have the Jurassic Park feel that Muir does yet they are still magnificent areas.
Uh, just how do you keep an area like the PMRP "magnificent" with thousands of climbers and no toilets? Apparently you've lost your sense of smell in areas like the Lode, Choc Factory, etc. Yeah, the "roads" to the PMRP and MFRP climbs are really magnificent, as is that Tryle Tutt security system out there. Oh… and I forgot to mention all those magnificent free range canines. Gosh, that RRGCC place is just downright… well, magnificent!

I guess some of us weirdos labor under the delusion that climbers should practice LNT and that a decent climbing area is more than just a piece of rock with some hardware attached.

Some of us found your "Jurassic Park" comment a bit odd, so last weekend, we did a little research and came up with this --

Now that it was revealed Potts is weber this is more interesting
http://www.redriverclimbing.com/viewtop ... ts#p266835

weber
Star Trek Kid

Post by weber » Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 am

tactless wrote:Now that it was revealed Potts is weber this is more interesting
Wrong.

Please let's put this unpleasant disagreement in a public forum between the Ellingtons and me to rest. The climbing community doesn't need or deserve it. I've apologized to Ray and Michelle privately for my part in it, and I'm doing it here now publicly.
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:32 pm

4 months in.. How is the fund raising efforts going. Looked at the website and could not find much.
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.

Steve_RRG
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Steve_RRG » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Last update I saw showed $68,000. Pretty good start really. Still think at some point you need to charge a per diem or parking charge for long term stability. If it was park property of some kind the budget would probably be $1 million per year. A few rangers and maintenance people, etc. Doesn't take long to run the bill up.

Progress chart here and a chance to donate also:
http://friendsofmuirvalley.org/donate/

clif
Loser
Loser

Post by clif » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:52 am

I've not been paying too much attention to the various fundraisers but received and email with some FOMV-ish connection that this 200,000 goal is less than 20k short at this point.
training is for people who care, i have a job.

PeaPod
Gumby
Gumby

Post by PeaPod » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 am

Right on, Clif...... the campaign says that they are less than $10K away now. Here's the link. http://igg.me/at/fomv/x/8608168
It says they are having a referral contest where you can win gear.

I just made my donation to RRGCC and to FOMV, yay for keeping climbing accessible in RRG!!!!! :mrgreen:

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Wow, this is pretty awesome, less than 20k total to secure the majorety of Kentucky climbing. Lets keep this thing moving
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared