Stuck Cam on Crack Attack

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
SketchySam
Gumby
Gumby

Stuck Cam on Crack Attack

Post by SketchySam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 pm

I flinched a stuck cam off of Crack Attack over the weekend. If you lost a cam on this climb and you'd like it back (it still looks usable I suppose) then send me a PM.

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:34 pm

seriously???? :shock:
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared

ahab
Star Trek Kid

Post by ahab » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 pm

a user name like sketchy sam indicates you may use sketchy pro. that's bonafied booty. rack it.
buy the Ticket take the Ride

cramacam
Gumby
Gumby

Post by cramacam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:12 pm

booty son! take it.

rdpoints
Gumby
Gumby

Post by rdpoints » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:21 pm

Mad props for posting that Sam!! Most would scam that as booty without a thought............well done!

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 pm

well done? :shock: What the crap is that? I hope the guy who lost it has enough self pride to never actually ask for that thing back. Even if he reads sams request. If I leave the crag w/out the gear I left on the wall (not including emergencies), then that gear belongs to the next guy, he deserves it for not being a sally like me.
ahab wrote: that's bonafied booty. rack it.

rdpoints
Gumby
Gumby

Post by rdpoints » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 pm

So Krampus, how would you know the piece was left there from an emergency or the climber had to bail?? That's the diff between climbers like you and Sam, you're a self-serving A-hole and Sam is a nice guy.

krampus wrote:well done? :shock: What the crap is that? I hope the guy who lost it has enough self pride to never actually ask for that thing back. Even if he reads sams request. If I leave the crag w/out the gear I left on the wall (not including emergencies), then that gear belongs to the next guy, he deserves it for not being a sally like me.

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 pm

ha, I am not the only one calling kramp and A-hole.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:00 pm

rdpoints wrote:So Krampus, how would you know the piece was left there from an emergency or the climber had to bail?? That's the diff between climbers like you and Sam, you're a self-serving A-hole and Sam is a nice guy.

krampus wrote:well done? :shock: What the crap is that? I hope the guy who lost it has enough self pride to never actually ask for that thing back. Even if he reads sams request. If I leave the crag w/out the gear I left on the wall (not including emergencies), then that gear belongs to the next guy, he deserves it for not being a sally like me.
dude you have no clue.

When there is an emergancy in the red dont you think it gets around fast? particularly AT THE CRAG IT HAPPENED AT? and dont you think it would be retrieved by fellow climbers on scene and returned to the owner? its more than obvious when there is a abondon hunk of gear and a bunch of gear left for an rescue anchor. Douchbag....

hows your foot taste?
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

DriskellHR
choking on it

Post by DriskellHR » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 pm

but Kramp IS an asshole you were both right about that :mrgreen:
"....... Be sure to linger......." Mike Tucker

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:04 am

rdpoints wrote:So Krampus, how would you know the piece was left there from an emergency or the climber had to bail?? That's the diff between climbers like you and Sam, you're a self-serving A-hole and Sam is a nice guy.
You are right, I am a self serving A-hole, ask any ex-girlfriend. However, I help people get gear down all the time with proper shit talking of course, and I have been climbing long enough to pay attention to these little things called context clues. I see you have been climbing a while too but maybe you can learn something here. If you get on a rout above your head, more power to ya, but if your technical ability to manipulate gear is so low that your only choice when the climb becomes too hard is to leave gear in a well established crack, well then you fail. You abandoned your friend, or big bro as the case may be, don't cry and ask for it back unless there is someone at the crag right then who is willing to help.

As far as these context clues I speak of, well you might have to put your thinking cap on for this one. How many emergencies have you been present for at a crag? Hopefully none. But imagine something happening that deserved such immediate attention that all your friends and bro's are now expendable. Would you take the time to clean the rout? Concentrate now, its one of those zen budism questions.

And ultimately, Driskel has the best point that should something happen, even at indian creek, someone would find out about it and help out, I know I would. But if I just found out that you ballied out on a "crazy 9+" well....

if your a woman your shakin it
if your a pirate your takin it
Last edited by krampus on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay
Lame Wade
Lame Wade

Post by Jay » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:18 am

Kramp, I think most everyone here agrees that the cam is now his, and he can do whatever he likes with his own property. This includes giving it back to its prior owner.

Why get your panties in a bunch anyway?
Are you the one who bailed off Crack Attack? :lol:
"Always carry a large flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake." -W.C. Fields

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 am

Jay wrote:Why get your panties in a bunch anyway?
board
Jay wrote:Are you the one who bailed off Crack Attack? :lol:
I'm a self hating sally, just like hitler