Trad as a Fad?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
caribe
Archer Jerry

Re: Trad as a Fad?

Post by caribe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:36 pm

rjackson wrote:Putting up with the Pig?!
The Pig is public enemy #1. :|

rjackson
Full of (sh)It

Post by rjackson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Ray is wise... From now on I'm only working out my pecs, and keeping one out of three meals down.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm

yet I sensed a restless dissatisfaction rising within him as he gnawed down that 7th gummy bear...
Last edited by dustonian on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caribe
Archer Jerry

Post by caribe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:43 pm

512OW wrote:There was a day when I couldn't get up 5.11 sport routes... not even on toprope, but could do 5.11 cracks off the couch. Id have sworn then that sport climbing was harder.
Exactly! Kris cut his teeth on RRG old school trad, and then he honed his sport skills. Learning to place your own gear after you are used to Kipster running ahead of you, putting bolts in the wall for you and cleaning the route before you touch it IS GOING TO BE QUITE A BIT MORE DIFFICULT. People, I have heard you complain like whipped curs if the route is dirty when you get on it. Talk about F-ing house broken.

caribe
Archer Jerry

Post by caribe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:55 pm

SCIN wrote:Easy now, I was the only one not slurring my words that night.
I will admit to slurring my words. That tequila tasted like water.
SCIN wrote: I never implied there was a trad resurgence in the Red.
I was not talking about you when I was quoting people telling me about a trad resurgence. You coupled those two aspects of my post inadvertently. Trust me or go back and re-read.
SCIN wrote:I did say I sold out before Kris though.
That you did and that shit was funny!
SCIN wrote:Michelle used her prowess to show me the way and before I knew it . . . .
Let's see . . . climbing computer geek kicking around with his buddy and then hot girl shows up. Thank goodness she climbed or neither this site nor you, as we know you, would even exist.
SCIN wrote: . . . anorexic pansie who occasionally struggles with thoughts . . .
But these types climb harder trad and sport!

Shamis
bottom feeder

Post by Shamis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm

512OW wrote:Onsite solo some of the 11s in the Red, and I bet they feel just as hard as Twilight Zone.
That's a ridiculous statement.

caribe
Archer Jerry

Post by caribe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Shamis wrote:
512OW wrote:Onsite solo some of the 11s in the Red, and I bet they feel just as hard as Twilight Zone.
That's a ridiculous statement.
+1 Gary.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:24 pm

rjackson wrote: Putting up with the Pig?! I love that guy, and I'm about to swing over his way... That heavy ass pack is breaking my back, I'm sick of blowing lichen out my nose from "others" ground up attempts and now that I have all the gear there's no fun in the collecting...
Say it ain't so, Spicy!!!

PS. Gettin' ready to sell your gear yet?

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm

dustin, all it takes is a little push to jump ship.....
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't know, there's no heavier pack required than the one required for bolting sport routes...

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter

Post by pigsteak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:03 pm

so all these cutting edge bold gear routes that are rated 13c and up......are you guys also saying that these really are like 5.16 or something? where does the "trad is so much harder" whining end and the grades come together?

and more on point....rjackson climbs 12a...he sucks
I climb 12b...I suck
ow climbs 13b ...he also sucks....

so isnt it really a matter of just enjoying the experience? there is always someone climbing harder than "you" who can say you are ONE major ball of suckfest....

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter

Post by pigsteak » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:06 pm

and on to caribe's point of whiny sport entitled climber's...I have to say I agree.....seems like when ever new routes get put up, peopel also feel entitled for the equipper to dust and polish every potential hold...I can not tell you how many times I have heard 'these holds are sandy, dirty, licheny"....wah, wah, wah....bring a freakin' brush, stfu, and do your little part in getting them in shape.

to that end, brad dallefield has gotten on a ton of my new stuff, most recently at the Dog Pound, and he always comes equipped with brushes and offers to clean and never complains....we need more of that ilk. or stay on the trade routes of old and leave the new stuff to the crusties....I guarantee if you whine about dirt on one of numb nut neal's new routes he will number 6 hex you when you hit the ground.

One-Fall
Good Egg

Post by One-Fall » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

[quote="pigsteak"]

and more on point....rjackson climbs 12a...he sucks
I climb 12b...I suck
ow climbs 13b ...he also sucks....

quote]

For accuracy's sake alone:

Russ has climbed 12b
You have climbed 12d
Kris has climbed 13d

. . .And I failed to send my project after 21 attempts. Now how did Ray say I could lose more weight?
Can't we all just get along?

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:29 pm

pigsteak wrote:and on to caribe's point of whiny sport entitled climber's...I have to say I agree.....seems like when ever new routes get put up, peopel also feel entitled for the equipper to dust and polish every potential hold...I can not tell you how many times I have heard 'these holds are sandy, dirty, licheny"....wah, wah, wah....bring a freakin' brush, stfu, and do your little part in getting them in shape.

to that end, brad dallefield has gotten on a ton of my new stuff, most recently at the Dog Pound, and he always comes equipped with brushes and offers to clean and never complains....we need more of that ilk.
Couldn't agree more. It's not enough to spend your $50 and half a day bolting the route, they also want you to blow another half day and go through 2 brushes and all the skin on your hands cleaning it just so it's up to their discerning standards. How about this, I'll clean the holds I need, and you can deal with the ones you need... i.e., get a brush and do it yourself if you don't like it, lazy asses!

Can I borrow your Brad for a while? He is such a good helper.

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 pm

I thought the forest service bolted all these routes. Don't they get paid to do it?
Living the dream