Mid to upper 5.10 trad lines

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?

Re: Mid to upper 5.10 trad lines

Postby Steve_BSU » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:16 am

LK Day wrote:This thread warms my cold, cold heart.

Larry I am glad it does. I know it will take some work and training on my part but I am just really stoked on excelling my climbing on gear right now. My as well do it in my prime years of 20's. Just waiting to get outta school then really start to focus on it more!! I've been looking at more of the old school routes as well with my partner. A lot of them have your name under them:)) Hope to eventually meet you one of these weekends. Its def. a cool feeling after sending a sweet line to know you guys were doing this shit in the 80's without all this fancy gear. Makes me feel really humbled and almost a bit of a pussey for having all this fancy shoes and cams to use. lol
Steve_BSU
Gumby
Gumby

Postby monty4355 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 am

That may just qualify for the biggest suck up post on RRC...
monty4355
Gumby
Gumby

Postby milspecmark » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 pm

Might classify as the most humble post I have seen on here from someone in their 20s.
milspecmark
Lame Wade
Lame Wade

Postby Steve_BSU » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:20 pm

milspecmark wrote:Might classify as the most humble post I have seen on here from someone in their 20s.

Thanks man, but really climbing the red, at the new, seneca, out west, it is cool to think how were pushing hard to do some of these routes with such new gear when they were put up with damn machine bolts at times. Crazy to look back at how scary FA's back then could be.
Steve_BSU
Gumby
Gumby

Postby Ascentionist » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 am

We've become a race of namby pambys. 'Cept Alex Hohnold
There is no TEAM in I
Ascentionist
Dream Catcher

Postby LK Day » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:35 am

Steve_BSU - Climbing in the gym and working hard sport routes might well alter the time line for today's climbers, but most everybody I knew peaked sometime in their 30s. It likely would have been the in the 40s for a lot of us had it not been for the commitments of work and family. Gyms help a lot in this regard. Lots of old farts climb really hard today.
LK Day
Lame Wade
Lame Wade

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Some of the mid to harder tens that I've enjoyed are: The Podium, Beene Material, The Quest, What's Left of the Beeneling, Tower of Power, Goodstone, Dayglo-a-go-go, Spring Jammers and Widget Blocks, Adrenaline, Riptide Ride, and Mantel Route.

At 11a, Thunder Chicken, Inhibitor, Hidden Treasure, and Rebar are all great. Inhibitor would be a very proud first 11a, since it's tough and tests so many different techniques. 11a's I haven't done but which are probably great include Afterburner, Insanity Ceiling, Poon Tang, South Side of the Sky, Kentucky Waterfall, and The Man Behind the Curtain.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html
Wolf
Poser
Poser

Previous

Return to Trad