Need info on Miguels

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
everready
Gumby
Gumby

Need info on Miguels

Post by everready » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi,

I'm coming down this weekend. It's my first time in the Red. I plan on camping. I understand the there is camping at Miguels, right? What kind of facilities are there? Are there showers, toilets? Is it safe to leave my tent and gear there while I go climbing? Is there a fee? Should I plan on bringing my own food/cooler/beer? Is Miguels open for the season yet?
etc, etc

Thanks,
Al
Sig? I don't need no stinkin' sig!

krazykid
Gumby
Gumby

Post by krazykid » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:51 pm

Miguels is open for the season! They have showers for a fee, bathroom, ect... Its reasonably safe to leave stuff in your tent. Definitely bring a cooler with beer! Never climb without it... it's like not doubling back on your harness or something! Plus the Red is in the middle of a bunch of dry counties... Though there is the beer trailer up past Torrent...

Have fun!!!

OZ
Gumby
Gumby

Post by OZ » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:52 pm

+

Stewy911
Unresponsive Driver

Post by Stewy911 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:06 pm

miguels rules!
Who Me? I gotta hitch hike god damn 18 miles to get a god damn beer......that's bullshit.

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:28 pm

yes to all! camping is 2 bucks. have fun don't worry everyone's cool there.

pawilkes
Sandy's Whipping Boy

Re: Need info on Miguels

Post by pawilkes » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:16 pm

everready wrote:Is it safe to leave my tent and gear there while I go climbing?
why would your "gear" be in your tent if you were off climbing? sorry, everyone on this site tends to be an asshole and you just weren't getting enough crap yet so i decided to give you some myself.
if you're have the money you can eat at miguels everyday for breakfast and dinner but if not there is a nice covered cooking area in back. it will be busy though. i suggest packing your food in some type of plastic container in case there isn't space to stash it on the shelves

rockclimbingdude
Gumby
Gumby

Post by rockclimbingdude » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:49 pm

have fun don't worry everyone's cool there.
miguels rules!
In some ways I agree!! But the last experience I had there was a shitty one. I brought my daughter along to climb with me and the FUCKERS that were there were as RUDE as could possably be!! Sayin shit like how dare I bring a kid and " what the hell is she doin here" I wanted to slap the shit out of a couple of them. :!: :x
listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul! ~~Jerry Garcia

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:54 pm

i brought my 18 year-old next door babysitter once and everybody was really nice. jk

ynot
Trad Grandaddy

Post by ynot » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:04 pm

There are lockers in back,just bring a lock if you want to lock something up.
Dont leave stuff in your car when out in the gorge.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:41 pm

rockclimbingdude, you should have told whoever was talking that shit to you to go talk to Miguel--or better yet, Susan. They would be very surprised to hear that THEIR business isn't family friendly. So surprised that they might even ask those stupid fuckers to leave. Your daughter is more than welcome at Miguel's and you should feel perfectly comfortable bringing her there. I bring my daughter to Miguel's all the time, and have for several years. No one has ever been anything but totally cool with her (otherwise, there would be dead bodies piling up). She loves it there and always has a blast. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Whoever those jerks were, they couldn't have been 'regulars.'

everready
Gumby
Gumby

Post by everready » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:04 pm

By "gear" I meant sleeping bag/pad and personal items that I would usually keep in the tent. Thanks for all of the feedback. I was shocked to hear about those idiots down there. Most climbers I've met thus far a pretty cool.

See you on Saturday,
Al
Sig? I don't need no stinkin' sig!

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:00 am

they are pretty cool :) have fun!

diggum
Star Trek Kid

Post by diggum » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:48 am

Ewwww :evil: That burns me UP that they were so rude to you & your daughter. If I ever heard such nonsense I'd put my boot up some asses then get them kicked the hell out.
My daughter is only 1 & we haven't camped out there but I plan on doing so & if anyone has anything to say...I'll tell SANDY!

Have fun this weekend...it's gonna be a nice one! :mrgreen:
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

rockclimbingdude
Gumby
Gumby

Post by rockclimbingdude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:25 pm

Yeah up till then i always had a great time there. None of them had the balls to say it to my face. But when we were setting up the tent I could hear them. So from then on we just camp up the road at the park. Climbers are cool and friendly this was just a out of the ordinary experience, from some newbies that were talking out there ass.
listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul! ~~Jerry Garcia

Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Post by Huggybone » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:10 pm

I have a friend that thinks kids shouldn't be at muigels. My approval rating, minus 100 points.
"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."