weekend report

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Huggybone
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

weekend report

Post by Huggybone » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:56 am

Whats the deal? Did everyone stop climbing? out of 300 some users, SCIN, JEFF Danny and dipsi are the only ones left climbing. Nobody is spraying at all. Did everyone take winter and spring off? What happend to weekly reports? Git on dat podium and spray! :evil:

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:36 am

Saturday - Gung Ho, Government Cheese, Possum Lips, Doug Reed, ass kicked on The Legend. Also met Tomdarch!
Sunday- Duathlon (beat last year's time by 5 minutes!).

SPRAY!
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Yasmeen
"53><`/ 817(|-|"

Post by Yasmeen » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:40 am

Saturday - Whiteout (with gear in place), Father Son (1st trad lead), Kentucky Pinstripe, Loosen Up, got worked on Disappearer
Sunday - Unnamed 11b at Solar Collector, worked on unnamed 11a and 10d at Solar Collector

The mission for this weekend - to finally climb at Drive By!
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)

TexasK
Gumby
Gumby

Post by TexasK » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:46 am

:roll:
Last edited by TexasK on Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
" ...... every day I'm more and more dismayed by the sheer numbers of idiots in this country. I dream of running off into what remains of our wild spaces and .......... "
- Sandy

SikMonkey
Titty Purist

Post by SikMonkey » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:59 am

Saturday: Flashed Aquaduck Pocket (yeah yeah, I know...), started working on Infectious (kick ass route, btw!), then at the end of the day I blew the flash on Wild Yet Tasty because I got myself in a bad clip stance at the fourth bolt. :p

Sunday: Chilled out at the Arena for some nice and easy endurance climbing on Terry's stellar 11's. 8)

....i.e., I didn't send shit, but I at least got some good pitches in. :)

Hey SCIN, congrats on beating last year's time! What's the difference between a duathalon and a biathalon?

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?

lucamaniac
Gumby
Gumby

Post by lucamaniac » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:01 pm

I believe there's been a few users who have been battling injuries this past winter and the first month of spring. I haven't climbed due to a broken ankle (I didn't spray anyway. Not nearly good enough to spray). I'm sure there are a few others who were/ are injured as well.

rhino
"true domestic deity"

Post by rhino » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:10 pm

Did Gumby in the Rough Saturday, that exit move is crazy.

Has anyone done this route, did I miss something?

I just placed some bad gear, closed my eyes and went.
"Hookers and drugs man. Money can't buy happiness but it's really hard not to smile when you're in a cheap hotel room surrounded by hookers and drugs." ~ Charlie

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:22 pm

Monkey, a biathlon involves skiing or something like that. A Duathlon is running and cycling. There's one in Maysville, KY at the end of May if anyone is interested.

Rhino, the dude that put that route up is a known shit talker so maybe he didn't even go to the top.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:23 pm

Did you guys do The Specimen?

-Horatio

SikMonkey
Titty Purist

Post by SikMonkey » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:41 pm

Now that you mention that, I think someone else asked that and Michelle answered it for them. Thanks though.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?

deleted username
Poser
Poser

Post by deleted username » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:43 pm

Saturday - Got paid to belay hot girls up a climbing wall and did a teambuilding session with a group of mostly sorrority girls.

Sunday - Taught little kids how to climb

Monday - Photo Shoot at my challenge course (cute girls again) in beautiful weather followed by teaching rope rescues to a college class

Tuesday - Climbed at Phantasia... flashed Creature Feature, Pogue Ethics, Lord of the Flies, and a long traverse boulder problem. relaxed in the cool shade. Dinner with my wife

Wednesday - Follow-up photo shoot, now I'm spending the day with my wife since tax season is over... maybe I'll get lucky... if i remember how.

SPRAY!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
:: I may be weak, but I have bad technique!! ::

MattG
Gumby
Gumby

Post by MattG » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:04 pm

didn't climb at the red, but did climb at the new on sunday...sent "norse code" 5.12d in three goes...heading to the red this weekend though....wooohoooo!

rhino
"true domestic deity"

Post by rhino » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:58 pm

We did The Whistle Driller, very nice and John did the Specimen. It was getting dark so I opted out ( had nothing to do with the difficulty of the starting move :wink: )

how do you do that move off the ground?

I also checked out Mr. Get it on Jones, that thing looks sick. Nice looking climb!
"Hookers and drugs man. Money can't buy happiness but it's really hard not to smile when you're in a cheap hotel room surrounded by hookers and drugs." ~ Charlie

dlewis101
Gumby
Gumby

Post by dlewis101 » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:03 pm

Sat: Climbed
Sun: Climbed
This Friday: mo' climbin
This Sat: mo' clmbin

Artsay
SCIN's

Post by Artsay » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:14 pm

Good job on your send, MattG! Sweet!

Sat: vu ja de-sited Government Cheese (TR'd it years ago). Cool climb. Then got worked on Gung Ho.
Sun: After SCIN's duathlon, I gardened all day while he slept. Kick ass weekend this Spring, I must say.