competition in climbing?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
caribe
Archer Jerry

Post by caribe » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:45 pm

pigsteak wrote:so spragwa, are you for the new universal health care, which has a price tag higher than what you pay now?
Myth the price will not be higher. If you are paying health insurance now the price will be lower. The healthcare price will drop and there will be more responsible users. Right now we are all getting screwed by health insurance, big pharma and hospital monopolies.

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:48 pm

caribe wrote:
pigsteak wrote:so spragwa, are you for the new universal health care, which has a price tag higher than what you pay now?
Myth the price will not be higher. If you are paying health insurance now the price will be lower. The healthcare price will drop and there will be more responsible users. Right now we are all getting screwed by health insurance, big pharma and hospital monopolies.
disagree. we are getting screwed by overweight, smoking, fast food eating, lazy and unhealthy Americans that refuse to take reponsibility for their health. They want a pill or an easy remedy to lifelong poor choices.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

Spragwa
Southern Women Rule

Post by Spragwa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:01 pm

pigsteak wrote:
caribe wrote:
disagree. we are getting screwed by overweight, smoking, fast food eating, lazy and unhealthy Americans that refuse to take reponsibility for their health. They want a pill or an easy remedy to lifelong poor choices.
Actually, you're both right and wrong. First, if you think we don't have universal healthcare now, you're wrong. Anyone can go to an emergency room and cannot be turned away if they have issues. Hospitals don't "eat" those charges. They get passed on to tax payers via bad debt write offs under medicaid and medicare as well as general tax reductions.

Second, under the current plan we will continue to get screwed by big pharma and hospital monopolies. The powerful lobby for these industries carved out significant protections for their slice of unholy pie.

Finally, the current plan will reduce costs to the govt. overall. What they don't consider are the reductions in charges to Medicaid and the tax base for bad debt caused by uninsured and underinsured persons.

Yes, I am for universal healthcare. Yes, I have researched the issue instead of lockstep following the beliefs of people with whom I generally agree anyway.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast

caribe
Archer Jerry

Post by caribe » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Spragwa: you did not say anything that I disagree with. You are just trying to go to duke city with me. I am going for the 8 oz. instead of the 16 oz. gloves. :twisted:

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:14 pm

blah, that was boring...let's find something we can actually disagree on...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

Spragwa
Southern Women Rule

Post by Spragwa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Touche fellas!!!!! LOL.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast

rjackson
Full of (sh)It

Post by rjackson » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Wow... Now I know where the rainbow ends.
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad