red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
allah
Went Down On It

red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Post by allah » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:49 pm

OK I have gotten word from a few people in the Red that there is a red tag on a project at the Chocolate Factory that I BOLTED! I never once put a tag on it and never wanted one on it. The route doesn't need a tag on it and who ever put it on there needs to take it down. If you want to tag a route then get off your ass and go bolt your own routes!!!!!! What does the community think?

One-Fall
Good Egg

Re: red taging a PJ you didnt bolt

Post by One-Fall » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:51 pm

There is nothing to "think" about. You bolted it and opened it up. End of subject.
Can't we all just get along?

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:12 pm

I think it should be like the old west. If you claim your ground then so be it. Just because a person didn't bolt the line doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to tag it. For instance - if Redpoint redtags twinkie so people will stay the hell off of his project then that should be okay. If you want to reserve a crag for your special event or day then you should be able to put little red tags on all of the routes and that should suffice. Boulders would require either bolting or simply red paint on the boulder - kind of like the kids here in the ghetto I live in tag things that dont really belong to them to mark their particular spot for recreation. For traditional lines we could put in a big red brick within the crack - or perhaps one of those red garden stepping stones would be nice - jus nothing too big as to be tacky. If somebody had a problem with the previously claimed tagged territory they could protest by writing "sux" in spray paint over the tag such as is done here in the ghetto. For instance"Crips - sux, Bloods - sux..." etc

ReachHigh
Don's Love Child

Post by ReachHigh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:20 pm

that's a new one to me, how does one justify that?
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:22 pm

are you saying it "sux?"

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Alright allah, whats the whole story. Can I assume we are talking about Honeycomb. I have heard some recent drama about that route.
Living the dream

allah
Went Down On It

Post by allah » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Don't really need to get into the whole story I just don't see how someone feels justified in tagging a route they did not find and bolt. What drama have you heard tall man?

Toad
Gash Baiter

Post by Toad » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:35 pm

What? More entitlement? By climbers?
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.

Garmin
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Garmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 pm

It's not red tagged because it is closed or because someone is trying to claim it, it just needs some glue on it and everyone getting on it currently is aware of the situation. Don't worry, no one is trying to retro-red tag the route. They just want to ensure that it stays the awesome line that it is and that the holds needed to send the route stay on it so it doesn't become impossible. It will be glued very soon!

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Are we sure the route is unclimbable with out the broken hold? Are we sure this is ok with all parties involved? Its not like this is a route some random people will get on, this makes no sense with the limited amount of people trying this route.
Living the dream

Garmin
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Garmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:43 pm

The route was fine but last week someone broke a very key hold making the line considerably harder. Late last week another hold came halfway off, if it goes the route might never go. There are also 6 other holds that are dangerously close to coming off, it just needs to be glued before anyone else gets on it. I tried to glue it but used the wrong glue and need to go back with the right stuff. Also, bolts were moved, added, and removed. It was a mutual agreement between everyone currently projecting the route. The tag has been there since last friday, it isn't to keep people off so one person can send the route. Oh, if someone were to pull the loose hold, it will damage their face. Go take the red tag off yourself if it bothers you that much, then I will remove all of your bolts, put in new ones, put one in your face, then put the tag back. Otherwise, you can wait 96 hours and it will be off and ready for action.

tbwilsonky
Chuck

Post by tbwilsonky » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Garmin wrote: Go take the red tag off yourself if it bothers you that much, then I will remove all of your bolts, put in new ones, put one in your face, then put the tag back.
this is basically the premise for the Cliffhanger 2 script i'm working on.
haunted.

allah
Went Down On It

Post by allah » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Chill out and take a deep breath! or maybe go talk to a therapist about these anger issues. If the tag was for reinforcing issues then it might have been a good idea to talk with the few other people in the red right now about your thoughts on the route. A few nice words exchanged, maybe a conversation with a few others that might be trying the route to discuss the situation on the route might have been an easier more logical way of going about things. And there is no reason for threatening me, if I didn't bolt those or even walk the cliff there is a good chance no one would be climbing on those routes. Grow UP!

Garmin
Gumby
Gumby

Post by Garmin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm

What you described is exactly what I did, do you know a more extensive list of people getting on the route than I? What was agreed on is that it is fine to get on it as long as you know about the bad holds, just be careful, if you break one then let the others know about it. Can I not respond to anger with anger? Anger issues? I'm just fine and dandy, but what about that time you threatened to punch Jason in the face for climbing your chosspile? Learn the difference between a threat and a joke.

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:30 pm

man I wish I climbed hard..I WANT a dog in this fight.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.