Sport Climbing Season

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
tbwilsonky
Chuck

Sport Climbing Season

Post by tbwilsonky » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:01 pm

now that the season has finally started, what are people syked to send? how did your pre-season go? your training work out or is it back to the drawing board?
haunted.

der uber
Buff Biff the Sausage Monkey

Re: Sport Climbing Season

Post by der uber » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:08 pm

I fell off the last move of my project. Time to completely rethink my training strategy.

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Rethink the plan. Time to gain power... a chat with Kris will be where I start. Oh, and after Xmas I am on the TW weight loss plan.

THB
Official Nerd Notes Expert
Official Nerd Notes Expert

Post by THB » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:56 pm

I was psyched on my pre-season... I did jesus wept, 8-ball, and harvest... lately i've climbed on golden touch, snooker, and cut throat... my favorite of those 3 being cut throat... but i'd also like to start climbing at other crags than the lode...

SCIN
BANNED

Post by SCIN » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Had to chill out on the training a bit but had just as much fun climbing new stuff and doing some FAs. Currently psyched on sending this one line I bolted but it involves a heinous deadpoint for me off a tiny crimps which split my tips so I can't try it too much.

I heard tbwilsonky pulled the impossible on Quantum Narcissist.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

[email protected]
Gumby
Gumby

Post by [email protected] » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Climbed a really good pyramid of routes from 5.11 to 5.12+ from September to the end of October, culminating in quick sends of Convicted and Table of Colors direct. Following weekends were Mind Meld, Dog bites and Fist fights....both incredible routes. A couple goods onsights of Super Best friends and Mirage at the solarium. A two go of Snooker....another incredible route. And quite close on the Legend, which would be my hardest route to date.
Rock climbing is my answer when someone asks what I do for fun.

One-Fall
Good Egg

Post by One-Fall » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 am

Drawing board. Always back to the drawing board.
Can't we all just get along?

tbwilsonky
Chuck

Post by tbwilsonky » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:28 am

SCIN wrote:I heard tbwilsonky pulled the impossible on Quantum Narcissist.
this is true. i did a Triple Lindy at the third bolt.

but i'm putting my pre-season victories in the rearview as I seek to compile a ticklist worthy of a 9-year old child.

ropist hopes and dreams: GOS, True Love, Kyle's Projects, Buttercup, Thanatopsis

bobo wishlist: The Law, Dragonslayer, Boulder One, Lie of the Land, Mass Transit Sit, Rat City, and a pile of other Kentucky projects.
haunted.

camhead
Poser
Poser

Post by camhead » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 am

I sent my prodge and then broke my foot. Glad it wasn't the other way around.
faceholdonacrackclimbDAB!

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:52 am

lee, the latest issue of climbing had a letter write in that fits you to a tee..the guy says that he might need "help" as he finds himself liking training more than actual climbing. he goes on to posit that training will become a discipline it and of itself much like bouldering or sport climbing..people will now be able to say 'oh I am a trainer" and it will be its own subset and discipline.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:08 am

Training sux. No shame in climbing 5.12 for 20 years!

One-Fall
Good Egg

Post by One-Fall » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

pigsteak wrote:lee, the latest issue of climbing had a letter write in that fits you to a tee..the guy says that he might need "help" as he finds himself liking training more than actual climbing. he goes on to posit that training will become a discipline it and of itself much like bouldering or sport climbing..people will now be able to say 'oh I am a trainer" and it will be its own subset and discipline.
While I do enjoying training (prolly too much), what keeps me motivated is the line that is just out of reach. The one that is so beautiful you lose sleep over it.

Just found me a new one.
Can't we all just get along?

Andrew
Happy Tee Hee

Post by Andrew » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:17 pm

One-Fall wrote:
pigsteak wrote:lee, the latest issue of climbing had a letter write in that fits you to a tee..the guy says that he might need "help" as he finds himself liking training more than actual climbing. he goes on to posit that training will become a discipline it and of itself much like bouldering or sport climbing..people will now be able to say 'oh I am a trainer" and it will be its own subset and discipline.
While I do enjoying training (prolly too much), what keeps me motivated is the line that is just out of reach. The one that is so beautiful you lose sleep over it.

Just found me a new one.

and...
Living the dream

pigsteak
The Crocodile Hunter
The Crocodile Hunter
Location: Like Prince my name has now changed..please call me Piglovely.

Post by pigsteak » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

interesting.....I am not sure I can honestly say I have ever lost sleep over climbing or a route.....

new cliff line on the other hand....I have pretty much decided I am a developer and no longer a real climber.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.

climb2core
Loser
Loser

Post by climb2core » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:52 pm

pigsteak wrote:interesting.....I am not sure I can honestly say I have ever lost sleep over climbing or a route.....

new cliff line on the other hand....I have pretty much decided I am a developer and no longer a real climber.
It took you THIS long to figure that out?