Roadside open?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
mjkusn01
Gumby
Gumby

Re: Roadside open?

Post by mjkusn01 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:06 pm

People do things much worse than cutting a sign down, every day. It shouldn't be too hard to imagine some young punk kid with too much time on his/her hands thinking it would be awesome "sticking it to the man" by cutting down his sign.

Sign, sign, everywhere's sign.

JonFrisby
Gumby
Gumby

Post by JonFrisby » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 pm

So I climbed at Roadside today. There were a couple of locals there as well, in addition to some weekenders. I wasn't there for this exchange, but my parents were approaching the trail when they were stopped by some guy (they believed he was a land manager or something). Anyway, this guy was acquainted with Grant and the other owner, and was under the impression that the crag was closed. He had seen the other owner (I think I remember his name being John?) the previous day, and "John" did not say anything about Roadside being reopened, or that there was a bullshit sign, or whatever. So he basically told my parents that he would call Grant/John and check to see what was going on, with our understanding being that he'd come up and ask us to leave if he got conflicting information from the owners. Well, he never came up to the wall, so either he never was able to get in touch or he got the green light. This obviously isn't definitive, but it may be some small indication that the crag was open. Also, the local guys I was talking to were (I believe) coalition people, and they seemed pretty sure that climbing was permitted.
Last edited by JonFrisby on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolf
Poser
Poser

Post by Wolf » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:48 am

It's still closed. Definitively.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html

dustonian
BANNED

Post by dustonian » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am

Team Texass strikes again

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 am

well, if there ever was a reason to close an area down... :roll: shit on the trail ought to do it
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:41 am

Why would you post on here about shit on the trail? Just clean it up, and tell the fuckers with the dogs, how you feel about them. Do you just want the owners to have more reasons to keep the place closed?
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.

KD
Pooparazzo

Post by KD » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 pm

I was at the community center pool a couple of days ago and somebody shit right in the fuckin' pool! I blame the entire community of mothers who bring these non-scphincter controllable babies to public pools. They should shut down every fuckin' pool from here to Florida until the mother brings that filthy stinkin creature of a kid of hers forward for unremitting punishment.