Crag recommendations with shade and short hike

Having problems finding a crag or a route?

Re: Crag recommendations with shade and short hike

Postby Josephine » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:48 am

Eric, it was a discussion on my FB feed and now that I try to search for it, I can't find it. I only knew one of the people involved (hence the "heard of" part) but it was a discussion of climbing at the red. Perhaps they were climbing at a different area and I just assumed it was the red!
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
Josephine
Mean like vegetables

Postby EricDorsey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Josephine wrote:Eric, it was a discussion on my FB feed and now that I try to search for it, I can't find it. I only knew one of the people involved (hence the "heard of" part) but it was a discussion of climbing at the red. Perhaps they were climbing at a different area and I just assumed it was the red!

Yeah I am just curious, I am sure Lyme is around these parts just wonder if there have been any confirmed cases from the Red... It would give me a good excuse for always being weak and sending only 5.7's
EricDorsey
Gumby
Gumby

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm being treated for Lyme right now. Got it from the Red. Miller Fork as best as I recall as that's where I climbed most in early spring.
Don't believe everything you read on the CDC site. They tend to downplay Lyme.
Many who might get Lyme at the Red will report it elsewhere/later when they get home.
Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.

Postby milspecmark » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:00 am

Jeff, how bad is it? What are your symptoms?
milspecmark
Lame Wade
Lame Wade

Postby Bruisebrother » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Jeff, sorry to hear about the Lyme. I got bit last spring in upstate New York. Had the typical Bulls eye mark. Got the shot within 24 hrs. and came through with no other symptoms. Up north all clinics and doctors have the supper shot on hand ! I've got 2 friends up there that got it real bad. Both hospitalized. one 2 weeks, the other complications for 6 months almost died ! How are you doing ? Climb/ Be Safe, Mike.
Bruisebrother
An Original

Postby Jeff » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:09 pm

Thanks Mike.
I'm doing ok. I have faith I will beat it.
Be nice when the rest of the country catches up to the docs up north.
Glad you caught and treated it fast!
milspecmark, perhaps I should't have responded as I don't really want to put up personal info on a public website. I sent you a pm.
Just a heads up to climbers, it's real, and it's out there. Get educated and be alert.
Jeff
Be nice to me. I won.
Be nice to me.  I won.

Previous

Return to Lost in the woods