XM/Sirius???

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
G-Man
Gumby
Gumby

XM/Sirius???

Post by G-Man » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:20 am

Flying up from Arizona and wondering how the satelite radio reception is in the Gorge.
Spooning leads to forking.

ynp1
still a dumbass

Post by ynp1 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:26 am

great, but the climbing sucks
Last edited by ynp1 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

tbwilsonky
Chuck

Post by tbwilsonky » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:41 am

Actually, the climbing is okay.

Isn't satellite radio reception the same everywhere? The connection is, after all, between a satellite and your reciever.

I know that in urban 'canyons', the reception can be bungled by buildings and requires the use of local repeaters to ensure the signal carries, but <looks at maps, schematics, and an array of figures> I don't think the concave topography of the Appalachian plateau will have the same effect.

If it does, then I suggest you find a friend who can sing, because I'm positive there are no satellite radio repeaters in Wolfe County.

--t

lordjim_2001
Captain Obvious

Post by lordjim_2001 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:49 am

for XM, same rule as always, clear line of sight to the south facaing sky and you'll be ok. as always there are areas where you won't have that so you'll loose reception.
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.

G-Man
Gumby
Gumby

Post by G-Man » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:41 pm

YNP1- Thanks for the beta but if you think the climbing sucks you must be a sucky climber. Take the trail due west from Carrington Rock Smart ass.

TBWILSONKY- Here on the border the reception can be rather shitty and it is hit or miss in/at alot of the crags in the mtn ranges. As for everywhere, NO. The further you go into Mexico the worse reception becomes. Same goes for going north into Canada. And as for Europe, Yeah Right. No XM or Sirius in Font or Salzburg or Munich.

Lordjim2000 Go far enough south and you will be looking for a clear line of sight to the north facing sky.

Thanks for all your help.
Spooning leads to forking.