Route Report

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Artsay
SCIN's

Route Report

Post by Artsay » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:29 am

The gorge was pretty wet this weekend. Where did you climb and what was dry/wet?

From what I remember from the Motherlode on Saturday: Kick Me In the Jimmy, Skin Boat, Leave It To Beavis, most of Tuna Town, and Flux were dry on the Undertow.
Sunday went to Drive By and most was dry. Whipper Snapper, Hakuna Metata, Extra Backup, and Beer Belly were wet.

Spoke to a friend that said they found dry rock at the Chocolate Factory on Saturday on the two overhanging 10's and a new 5.11 slab
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.

kirker
Sweaty McSweaterson

Post by kirker » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:47 am

Washboard Wall was dry on Saturday.

krampus
Snake Charmer

Post by krampus » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:07 am

military was dry on saturday, twinky was not
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared

trog
Gumby
Gumby

Post by trog » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:32 am

Left Flank, specifically Defy and Fast Food Christians were dry enough Sat.
And by the way, thaks to the Chicago crowd for letting me tag along
ancient gumby,
whatsa gumby?

ahab
Star Trek Kid

Post by ahab » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 am

saturday: tectonic/johnny's wall in muir was good, just had to bounce around a little in order to avoid wet climbs/waiting in line. :cry:

sunday: funk rock was almost completely soaked. very disapointing. we did manage to bag cruising lane & rite of passage, so not a total loss. headed over to solar/gold coast after that. it was completely abandoned :?: so we messed around on the easy stuff and had a grand ol time. :P climbing in the red IS a crapshoot when it comes to wet climbs/crowds.
buy the Ticket take the Ride

neuroshock
Tard

Post by neuroshock » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 am

saturday: Military Wall was dry enough on most routes; a little damp but doable. Possum Lips was wet.
sunday: (much of) Bruisebrothers, Animal Crackers, and (mostly...not the 5.11) Midnight Surf walls at Muir were dry.

der uber
Buff Biff the Sausage Monkey

Post by der uber » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:10 am

Saturday: Bob Marley had some runoff on (no redemption looked dry form the ground) Sugar Magnolia and at least one of the climbs right of Dogleg. Some climbers complained that the upper holds on Ultraperm were damp. The stuff right of that wan't too bad.

Lander
OC - Original Crust

Post by Lander » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 am

saturday: gave it a day to dry out.

sunday: Playground was dry except for Crack the Whip and Balance Beam and Slide on the right hand slab. Everything at Shady Grove was bone dry including the slab to the right.
"Doin' right aint got no end." - CRLT

Josephine
Mean like vegetables

Post by Josephine » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:11 am

saturday: practice wall had some dry stuff (10b and 8+ were dry as well as some of the easier stuff) GETTING there was wet. bridges were wiped out :( we tried to created a stepping stone bridge over one stream crossing but not sure how well it will hold up.

sunday: playground had some dry some wet in the beginning of the day (slabs wet & the 12a) but it dryed out after the sun came out! shady grove was dry
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun

Lander
OC - Original Crust

Post by Lander » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:17 am

Oh I forgot. There was a waterfall just ripping from the top of Shady Grove. It was pretty.
"Doin' right aint got no end." - CRLT

der uber
Buff Biff the Sausage Monkey

Post by der uber » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:17 am

Josephine wrote:GETTING there was wet. bridges were wiped out :( we tried to created a stepping stone bridge over one stream crossing but not sure how well it will hold up.
Bridges? Wiped Out? In Muir Valley of all places?!

I never thought it would happen.

redpointron
Poser
Poser

Post by redpointron » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 am

neuroshock wrote:saturday: Military Wall was dry enough on most routes; a little damp but doable. Possum Lips was wet.
sunday: (much of) Bruisebrothers, Animal Crackers, and (mostly...not the 5.11) Midnight Surf walls at Muir were dry.
were you with that group at animal crackers around 3 p.m.?

btw, pigsteak was sunny ALL weekend long. 8)

neuroshock
Tard

Post by neuroshock » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 am

yeah, we were the group (of 4) that left around 3pm. got there around 1:30. i was going back 'n forth between that wall and the Surf.

which in your group were you?

Crankmas
Fred Garvin, male prostitute

Post by Crankmas » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 am

Hip Hugger was dry- should go soon

redpointron
Poser
Poser

Post by redpointron » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:21 am

neuroshock wrote:yeah, we were the group (of 4) that left around 3pm. got there around 1:30. i was going back 'n forth between that wall and the Surf.

which in your group were you?
piggie and i walked by about 3 coming back from the bib...which was fairly dry over the weekend.