Climbing in South Lake Tahoe?

Other Crags, Aid Climbing, Bouldering, etc...

Climbing in South Lake Tahoe?

Postby Cleatus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:47 pm

I'm going to Lake Tahoe for a week, and was wondering if anyone could recommend some classic sport lines to get on. Also, any beta about the trip would be helpful.

Thanks,

-DP
Cleatus
Gumby
Gumby

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Hope you bring some warm DRY weather with you. Unseasonably wet and cool in the Sierras the past couple of weeks. I think I saw some stuff about sport lines in the Granite Chief area (wilderness?) but my vision could have been clouded by rain, hail and snow.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
Steve
Emmy Winner

Postby anticlmber » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:43 pm

one hand clapping. i can't remember the wall but its a huge black wall on the right half way up the road. its a great 3-4 pitch line with different variations possible. the rest of the place is good as well. most of the climbing is just off the road and close to each other so you can sample a bunch of stuff around there. just pick up the guidebook, very worth it. aeriel(?) is a bolted arete, sooo good

theres a few other places that aren't to far from the main lake area that are in the guidebook. lovers leap is worth checking as well.

good stuff all over that place.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
anticlmber
Tenderheart Bear

Postby JR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:00 am

You are freakin me out Anticlimber.

I was reading Cleatus's post and thought "man One Hand Clapping sure was nice" then I reread it only to find out he was inquiring about a sport route. So I was racking my brain trying to remember the name of a arete that I climbed. It was Aerial.

Did you happen to climb the Line in Lover's Leap too?
JR
Official Route Quality and Grade Accuracy Analyst

Postby anticlmber » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:37 am

nope, after we almost got our friend disemboweled we decided to leave.
anticlmber
Tenderheart Bear

Postby Wolf » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:33 am

How did you almost get your friend disemboweled? Did he forget the safeword?
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html
Wolf
Poser
Poser

Postby anticlmber » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:15 pm

lets just say, dont by the supertopo guidebook for the area. their idea of "good easy beginner lead" was wayyyy off. get the older lake tahoe guidebook, falcon i thnk.
anticlmber
Tenderheart Bear

Postby heidiramma » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Tahoe, ahh, just don't forget to check out Eagle Falls, Eagle Point, and breathe in the beauty.
The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own.
You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president.
You realize that you control your own destiny.

Albert Ellis
heidiramma
Tiny Avenger

Re: Climbing in South Lake Tahoe?

Postby exple1947 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:37 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LAKE TAHOE!!!!!

Allow me to explain:

The California side of the South Shore of Lake Tahoe bowl incorporates the extensive level (for the mountains) valley around the resort city of South Lake Tahoe, ascending to Echo Summit and Armstrong Pass. Climbers from this region ordinarily likewise incorporate the numerous Woodfords Canyon bluffs somewhat south of here on highway 88 around there.

Investigate the best activities in Lake Tahoe, visit best climbing trails, galleries, lakes and stops and make the most of your excursion with family and companions and make it noteworthy.

The California side of the South Shore of Lake Tahoe bowl incorporates the extensive level (for the mountains) valley around the resort city of South Lake Tahoe, ascending to Echo Summit and Armstrong Pass. Climbers from this region ordinarily likewise incorporate the numerous Woodfords Canyon bluffs somewhat south of here on highway 88 around there.

Investigate the best activities in Lake Tahoe, visit best climbing trails, galleries, lakes and stops and make the most of your excursion with family and companions and make it noteworthy.

exple1947
Gumby
Gumby

Return to More climbing!